Your favorite track from AMOLAD?

Your favorite track from AMOLAD?

• Total voters
Benjamin Breeg is probably the highlight of this album for me, I don't feel there's a single Maiden song that sounds anything like it...
I've never understood the love for BTATS though. For me that song is extremely long, repetitive and verges on being a bit boring.
Yeah, the Breeg part is true.
Personally, I find BTATS to be my favourite song off AMOLAD. The main 7/4 riff has a drive to it – bravely ploughing on through uncertainty and apprehension. The song perfectly captures the feelings of the scientists who looked at the explosion and thought "What have we done?"
The chorus is repetitive, but it uses repetition for drama and buildup, just like the chorus of Breeg. The climax of the chorus is great too: Bruce's singing suddenly explodes (pun intended) as the instruments cut out behind him.
The lyrics are well-written and evocative of the tension in the desert, with everyone contemplating the dangers of the unearthly event they witnessed.

Music aside, I really like science – especially physics – and Richard Feynman is one of my favourite personalities. He worked on the bomb mentioned in the song and was there to witness its detonation, writing about it at length in his books. So I might just be biased towards this song based on the lyrical content alone.

Finally, if you want another song with the same subject material, you could listen to Manhattan Project by Rush.

Answered "For the Greater Good of God", but could have gone with "Lord of Light" and "The Legacy" as well.

My reasoning? If I would try to explain Maiden's epicness to someone with a track from this record I would choose that. If I could pick any track for the same thing it would "Sign of the Cross", album version.

So many great ones here... AMOLAD is truly one of my favorite Maiden albums and there's not a single bad song there.
Nevertheless I had to go with FTGGOG, followed really close by Benjamin Breeg, These Colors Don't Run and The Legacy.

Back