Your favorite track from AMOLAD?

Your favorite track from AMOLAD?

• Total voters
1000 Suns. It's just such a monstrous track. I actually listened to the Abbey Road version yesterday, I wish there was more footage of the band in a setting like that.

BTATS, but it's much of a muchness between most of the album. I'll probably say the Legacy the next time this comes up

EDIT: just looked at the commentary section and I gave 6 tracks 10 out of 10

Last edited:
I actually listened to the Abbey Road version yesterday, I wish there was more footage of the band in a setting like that.

In case you're not aware there's live in studio audio of the current line up playing Trooper, Wrathchild and The Wicker Man from a radio broadcast around the release of BNW, and apart from the Abbey Road stuff they also did a legends session for the BBC around the same time, all tracks featuring on the b-side to TROBB.

There's also The Friday Rock Show stuff in Eddies Archive, and they did MTV's most wanted with Blaze in 1995 playing Man on the Edge and Wrathchild

BTATS never really did it for me. There are decent parts but overall I find it overlong and a tad boring. I find the fast 'bury our morals' bit especially boring.
As for my own favourite, tight between Longest Day, Breeg, Lord of Light and The Legacy. I'll go with Breeg sure.

For The Greater Good Of God is the album’s masterpiece. Emotional, thought provoking, excellent.

AMOLAD was very important release when it came out, it still is. And so, it's been among my favorite albums ever and with BNW these 2 are my total favorites from the reunion-era. Great album, everything works absolutely brilliant and no filler..so which song to pick up? Not easy one.
I think I will have to pick the song that meant for me the most when this came out..so I will pick "For The Greater Good Of God".

I voted BTATS. It's the most powerful song of the album. Lyrics flow well with the music, and I can't find anything I dislike with the song. A top 10 song in the Maiden catalogue for me.

For a long time, Lord of light and Brigter than a thousand suns were my favorites, but when they started to play For the greater good of God again, I re-listened the song again and now it is one of my favorite Maiden songs all together, a track I considered a filler when it first was released!

Back