Worst Single Lyric/Line

It's okay. dentalfricative probably isn't aware of the Battle of Third Ypres and the symbolism heavy rain has with it.

Ranko said:
From Tailgunner:

"Gonna blow your guts out with my gun"

Just simplistic, stupid, and put there to rhyme with "son".

Most of that entire song is pretty terrible lyrically.  Including the "Nail that Fokker" line which is just a clever attempt at cursing and therefore sounds completely juvenile.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Deserves a mention: Hooks in the ceiling for that well-hung feeling.

I LOL'd when I saw this one, first time I see the lyrics for this one. BAD line.

As for mine, I don't know. I think there is one.
Say, can you even say "can you fix such a lot"?

dentalfricative said:
Paschendale: "Blood is falling like the rain"

I thought that was one of the most powerful lines in the song.  Brought a chill to my spine, similar to "And then down it falls, comes the .... raaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn"

LC is just aching to tell you about it; I would ask him!  It does try to tell just how tragic and devastating that battle was.

The whole second verse of 'The Man Who Would Be King'.  Particularly focusing on "insignificance sweeps over him... feeling empty inside".  The feelings may fit the mood of the story, but the man-feels-insignificant-to-natural-wonder is way over-used uber-fromage.  No only that, but I disagree with it.  Great song otherwise.

Well, natural beauty is pretty awesome; but I generally think what we've been able to do with a double-handful of millennia is rather more impressive. Which is why I did history and not geology at school.

Revelations85 said:
Apparently, Fokker is a type of plane.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fokker

Fokkers were hardly used in World War II, though. The Dutch air force had some, but the Germans most definitely did not use Fokker aircraft in WWII. And Tailgunner is definitely about WWII ("trace your way back 50 years" from 1990 ..., among other references to WWII).

Thus, having Fokkers mentioned in a song clearly about WWII makes little sense, and it does feel like a less-than-clever way of using the word "fucker" without actually using it.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Deserves a mention: Hooks in the ceiling for that well-hung feeling.
I was just listening to HIY a few times and yeah, this line definitely deserves a mention. Maybe my second least-favorite now after the QFF lyric.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
"Through the corn doll
You will pray for them all"
:wtf: :lol:

lol yeah it's funny. Except it makes perfect sense if you understand what a corn doll is. So, actually...it's not even comical.

"At a time when dinosaurs walked the earth" also makes sense because of what that song is about. Is a corn doll like a voodoo doll that has something to do with Avalon? If I'm wrong, please explain it to me.

Would you have found it cheesy if the line was about praying with a Bible in hand?

"Through the bible

"Through the qur'an

etc.

I didn't find the line cheesy to begin with.  Praying through a corn doll makes as much sense as praying through a bronze age text.

Back