• Celtic Frost - Cold Lake

• Cradle Of Filth - Vampire

• Helloween - Chameleon

• Van Halen - III

• In Flames - Siren Charms

• Ministry - Dark Side Of The Spoon

• Six Feet Under - 666 Numbers Of The Priest

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well. In my opinion if you think that bad of a classic Iron Maiden album as Fear of the dark is and defend mediocre and comertial Metallica's last releases for example.Then you don't like Iron Maiden much i guess.
One could just as easily say that if you’re so blind to the faults of Fear Of The Dark that you would still consider it to be a classic album worthy of vigorous defense, then you’re clearly incapable of taking a rational, critical view of the band’s work, so your opinion is meaningless.

...or maybe different people can both reach legitimately different conclusions about the same piece of art without it reflecting one way or another upon their fan credentials.

One could just as easily say that if you’re so blind to the faults of Fear Of The Dark that you would still consider it to be a classic album worthy of vigorous defense,
Then you’re clearly incapable of taking a rational, critical view of the band’s work, so your opinion is meaningless.:smartarse::applause:. excuse-me-do-you-know-jesus.jpeg

Last edited:
These are terrible albums by (supposedly) good bands.

Pantera's Metal Magic album came out when they were 16. It's only an "album" because Dime and Vinnie's dad had a home recording studio.

Still bad. When Morbid Vision was released Max Cavalera was 17 and Igor was 15 and it also sucked big time. Nevertheless, only 1 year later, they released Schizophrenia that happens to be one hell of an album. Plus their debut EP Bestial Devastation is quite nice (way better than Morbid Visions) and Igor was just 14!!!! So age partialy explains some failures but is far from being a justification for everything.

Last edited:
Turbo and Fear of the Dark have a lot in common. Well one thing, but a big one: they are both mediocre (by the band's standards) albums but the title track is one of the best things they ever did.

Edit: Also, I like the Ripper albums.
Exact same opinion here. And the similarities don't end there: both albums have 2 more state of the art songs. Fear Of The Dark has Be Quick Or Be Dead and Afraid To Shoot Strangers while Turbo has Out In The Cold and All Fired Up (it was cut out from the original version but since they recovered it for the remasters let's count it in). Only difference IMO is while FOTD still features a couple more really good songs (Judas Be My Guide and Childhood's End) the remainder of Turbo is an absolute disaster.

And what about Technical ecstasy?. Features one of my favs songs. Dirty woman. Its still classic Black Sabbath. Its not one of the all time worst metal albums...NW.
My bad here... There are some typos: it was intended to be Never Say Die (and Anthrax's one was intended to be Volume 8). Once I posted the pole I couldn't change it anymore (don't know why). So for all effects just replace these 2 albums. About Technical Ecstasy I think it's a cool album. Not close to Sabbath's classics but far better then things like Forbbiden, Born Again or Never Say Die.

Fear Of The Dark and Turbo are not bad albums IMO.

The only bad songs on FOTD are Fear Is The Key, The Apparition and Weekend Warrior... and they have good parts in them (FITK: great riff, melodies, chorus and great screams by Bruce./WW: brutal solos./The Apparition: good melodies, riff and solos.). But they are just songs that are below the standards of Maiden (note that they are very high... set by them). On the other hand, the title track, BQOBD, ATSS, Wasting Love are classics! Judas Be My Guide is a hidden gem. While The Fugitive and Childhood's End are very good songs too. Chains Of Misery and especially FHTE are fun rockers. One of my favorite albums from Maiden.

Turbo is a great rock (glam metal) album. It's very unusual for Priest, but it's not bad. The title track, Locked In, Out In The Cold and Reckless are classics IMO. Rock You All Around The World, Private Property and Wild Nights, Hot & Crazy Days are good songs. The only filler song is Hot For Love. Parental Guidance is 50/50./ All Fired Up is a speed rocker (great solo and riff) - it's a good song. Heart Of A Lion should had been on the album.

The only bad songs on FOTD are Fear Is The Key, The Apparition and Weekend Warrior
Fear Is The Key isn't JUST bad... it's horrendous. :turd:
Wasting Love (is) great
... Oh God! :puke:
Chains Of Misery and especially FHTE are fun rockers.
If you have a twisted sense of humour... yes they are! :D
Turbo is a great rock (glam metal) album.
A "great glam rock album" is a paradox. Such thing simply does not exist. ::)

Back