Worldwide Politics

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 7164
  • Start date Start date
Yeah, typical problems with those views.
Here they'd be free to find any kind of spouse they want. The one that stays at home and waits for them.

Their issue is they don't want that spouse to see and know there are other ways other patterns of behaviour.

LMFAO 300,000 Afghan soldiers - who are not loyal, not interested in fighting, not getting paid, all their supplies and arms except the bare minimum sold on the black market or given to the Taliban, many of whom were bribed to stay home by the Taliban, yeah, ok.

Fundamental corruption, not one in a thousand dollars spent in Afghanistan got to the front line soldiers.

What a massive success the intervention in Afghanistan since 2001 has been... I feel so sorry for the females living there.

Without intervention, would you feel as sorry?

So what is to be preferred:
Some new kind of potence by the West (spearheaded by USA), being capable, doing something about this injustice? Or doing nothing at all (removing troops, going to the pre-2001 situation), which is exactly what Biden did (or not?).

I'm afraid it's kinda hard to criticize the USA pulling away troops if one did not like them to be there in the first place.
I'm not implying things worked well out there with the troops (not at all of course, military presence is not enough to change matters), but doing nothing at all (never having gone there) is not that different from going away now, is it?

To be honest, I rather saw (and see) a half-baked democracy with some foreign troops out there, because what's happening now (and again), is sad for all these people involved (e.g. women not going to school anymore etc.)
On the other hand it's hard to keep sending these troops. Still, I guess Biden probably pulled away to soon? This really went wrong.

It is funnny how Americans are sending troops in Aghan, Iraq they putting embargo on Iran all the time they are speaking about human rights. But they are keeping quite about S.Arabia and other Gulf countirs which are they allies.

So you just need to be ally of America and nobody will touch you, you can have the same rights towards women.

Without intervention, would you feel as sorry?

So what is to be preferred:
Some new kind of potence by the West (spearheaded by USA), being capable, doing something about this injustice? Or doing nothing at all (removing troops, going to the pre-2001 situation), which is exactly what Biden did (or not?).

I'm afraid it's kinda hard to criticize the USA pulling away troops if one did not like them to be there in the first place.
I'm not implying things worked well out there with the troops (not at all of course, military presence is not enough to change matters), but doing nothing at all (never having gone there) is not that different from going away now, is it?

To be honest, I rather saw (and see) a half-baked democracy with some foreign troops out there, because what's happening now (and again), is sad for all these people involved (e.g. women not going to school anymore etc.)
On the other hand it's hard to keep sending these troops. Still, I guess Biden probably pulled away to soon? This really went wrong.

I would feel as sorry (as I did when the Taliban were in power 20+ years ago).

Maybe there are people who got to live in the 20 years inbetween. But the Taliban are going to massacre people who worked for the Afghan government. It'll be a bloodbath that likely would not have occurred. This sucks.

I see how excited they are to have the Taliban back. Not desperate to escape at all.
These scene from airport are horrific. But lets be honest. Where are here old, women and childern? I can see here only young males trying to catch free transport to other country, these guys dont even know that there is no any chance of to survive in the air.

And also, on the lot of footage you can see these guys smiling and taking selfies on airplane wings. Everyting is so strange here.

Now airport is full of young males, but nobody wants to fight against Taliban. Why? Croatia didnt had any army in '91 but people took arms and fought back, and in every country you have a lot od examples of resistance and some kind of fights.

Yes, Afghans welcomed Talibans in every city, and I am not feeling sorry for these guys in airport because they obviously left thier womens at home, and they are trying to escape.

Apparently women and children aren't allowed to go out or something. So only the young single guys who don't have anything to lose are trying to escape.

As per their law women can leave house only if she is with some male, like her husband, brother or father or relative.

Today I read article from one female American journalist from Kabul, she said that for now the new law is not yet implemented. And Talibans are trying to keep people calm, and stop looting and other criminal stuff. They are not entering airport and for now playing smart game because they want to show to the world that they are not so "bad". But we will se what will be in future.

I volunteered in a camp during migrant crisses in 2015 and I saw there some terrible scense, that is why I am telling this story for only young males in airport. And I am working with 80% of people from Middle East and I am spending almost half a year in Gulf Area. I know very well the menatality of people and you cannot imagine their opinions towards womens and female kids.

You're making a joke, but you're right. The Taliban won by waiting in the mountains for nature to take its course.

When it comes to the Afghan army, it never really existed. Multiple layers of corruption, both in Afghanistan and the US suppliers, siphoned off billions of dollars, creating a shadow force with no loyalty, that barely got paid.

The only hope for change now is that some people liked some of what they saw under non-Taliban rule, and they eventually figure it out. But that's unlikely, because the Taliban is likely to put a whole bunch of people to death.
Here's an article I found from a friend detailing just how ridiculous the US's nation-building efforts have been over in Afghanistan -> https://www.vice.com/en/article/bvz...its-total-failure-in-afghanistan-for-12-years

@gazda, what the fuck, man...

You may not like the bluntness of his post.
I don't like seeing thousands of young males fleeing in clean shirts, cellphones, whole baggage included, money probably secured.

They should've had a rifle in their hands and defend what they should be standing for.

I am not LGBT I am not discriminated I don't fall off from average any more than the guy next to me but I'll take that god damn rifle if it comes to that.

It needs to be said - large piece of population there, especially males, are total fucking cowards. We've had 20 years to witness that, the last scenes are just the culmination.

So would I. But how to do that? We've tried, and the money we've siphoned in, was eaten by corruption. We've tried training a basic army in Afghanistan, spent billions in arms and 'army buildup', but the army wouldn't fight, they'd rather surrender the weapons.

If you had any chance to see the videos from the Royal Palace, they are equipped with NATO arms.

Looks to me unless you have at least 'rare' baked democracy, you will not be able to put checks and balances and all humanitarian work goes into jeopardy, huge risk of resources ending up in wrong hands. I mean imagine forming aid for Belarus just to send it to Lukashenko's account. That's what we've been doing all this time long.

The issue is that we could've invested into urban areas only, but then we wouldn't remedy the issue of extremist forces being trained in the backyards of the country. So we lump them into a same nation-state program. Which was an error. I can't believe I'm saying this but maybe Balkanization of the Afghanistan right in 2001 would've turn into less problems.

Back