Why MaidenCanada is dumb

[a href=\'http://winnipeg.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=mb_wrha20040826\' target=\'_blank\']Canada Giving Away Free Crack Pipes[/a]

WINNIPEG - The Winnipeg Regional Health Authority has started handing out "safer crack-use kits" to crack cocaine users.

Each kit, which costs less than $2 to put together, contains a straight glass pipe, screens, alcohol swabs, matches, a pipe cleaner, lip balm, chewing gum and condoms.

Dr. Margaret Fast, medical officer of health for the WRHA, says the kits are designed to reduce the potential health risks linked to crack use.

"This is really an effort to protect the user," she says. "There is also evidence that it may prevent the transmission of viruses like hepatitis B and C and HIV, because when you've got really, really bloodied kind of lips, and if you're sharing pipes or if you're having oral sex with someone, that could lead to transmission of these agents.

"Although that may be a problem of particular significance in this particular population, they also have sex and perhaps share pipes at times with people from the more general population who are also at risk, so in protecting this small group of people, we're also, we believe, protecting the larger population to some extent."

The kits are available through the WRHA's Street Connections outreach van.

Fast says similar initiatives have been used in Toronto.

Its hilarious that this topic was changed to "why Maiden Canada is dumb". Hahahaha, wow. My thanks and congratulations to whoever thought of it.

The entire History of Canada summed up in one post [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

3. The size of our football fields and our bigger balls. (I think only Yanks will get that one.)
Haven't you noticed that no one outside Canada cares about your version of football? That ought to tell you something.

4. A population roughly equal to the states of New York and New Jersey living in an area slightly smaller than Russia.
Why would this be good? I love urban areas and dense populations. You can keep your barren unpopulated ice fields.

5. Lacrosse is Canadian
Lacrosse has always been, is now, and will always be completely gay.

6. Hockey is Canadian
I couldn't agree more. And the US will be a much more civilized place once we can get our hockey teams to go north where they belong.

7. Basketball was invented by a Canadian
Who lived and worked in America. If Canada is so great, how come all your talent migrates south?

8. Poutine and maple fudge are among the finest foods available to mankind.
Anything containing the word "maple" is not intended for human comsumption.

9. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers's ass
Duh. A wet rag kicks Mr. Roger's ass. But you have nothing that compares to The Electric Company.

11. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed the Americans back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most of Washington, under the command of a general who was insane and hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and partied...Go figure.
The Canadians were under British control, because they never had the guts to stand up to England like the US did. I'd rather die free than live subject to a freakin' queen.

12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany.
Yeah, and they're annoying as hell. That's nothing to be proud of.

13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone, anywhere.
That's because the rest of the world doesn't care about beating Canada. What is there to fight for - tundra??

14. Our civil war was a bar fight that lasted a little over an hour.
Your complete lack of interesting domestic history is hardly a sign of superiority.

15. The only person who was arrested in that civil war was an American mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing... but showed up just in time to get caught.
So your people arrested an innocent bystander? And you take pride in this miscarraige of justice??

16. We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on.
Sorry, Jethro, plaid was never cool. Those of us who stayed away from drugs knew that.

17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the worlds oldest company.
According to information I read a couple of years ago, the world's oldest company is a European mining company that's been around since the 1500's.

18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.
That's a credit to dogs, not to Canada.

19. We still know what to do with all the parts of a buffalo.
Really? Then tell me, what do you do with the lumbar vertebrae of a buffalo?
You don't know. Native Americans know, and we have them down here too.

20. We don't marry our kin-folk.
Neither do we. Even in the most backward parts of the US, that died out 75 years ago. It was extremely rare in the first place anyway. Don't confuse jokes and stereotypes with reality.

21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.
Insulin is a natural product of the human body. You only copied it. That's like copying urine and claiming it's a new product, which you also did: Molson.

22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.
So has any American who grew up in the northern US like I did (I grew up in Wisconsin).

23. A Canadian invented Superman.
Superman's a pussy. Batman rocks.

(A few of IronDuke's nonsense items were omitted above, because no one outside Canada gives a wet fart about them anyway.)

Poutine is nice, even if it is life threatening.

Im not a Candian, but shut the hell up jr123, Canada rocks.

i think its slightly hypocritical bashing someone because they're canadian, although to be fair MaidenCanada made some pretty dumb posts. Tip - take your time to argue your point, make sure you're not in a rush and have evidence to support facts, then you're good. I don't chance it anymore until im absolutely sure because i'll just get bashed [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] no offence guys

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Sep 1 2004, 04:58 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Sep 1 2004, 04:58 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Im not a Candian, but shut the hell up jr123, Canada rocks.
[snapback]85389[/snapback]​
[/quote]

In defense of jr123:
He didn't write that.
IronDuke wrote the original list, and I wrote the smartass replies.

jr123's mistake was in reposting my drivel as if it were his own. Give credit where credit is due, bud.

And to rehash a point which was beaten to death on the first page of this thread:
My answers were intended as sarcasm and humor.
I was just messing with the Duke's head.
He took the bait and fed the troll.
I don't actually dislike Canada; I think it's quite a nice place.

Sorry SMX, they were humorous and well written, but i still like Canada [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I like Canada, and I like then even MORE after they beat the U.S 2-1 and Slovakia 5-1 in the World cup of Hockey (don't be fulled by the name of the tournament... there's only 8 countries in it hahahaha) GO CANADA!

[!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] now everyone shake hands

This freakin' topic has done nothing but started fights ever since it was created. Its kind of funny. This topic must be cursed.

Back