Why MaidenCanada is dumb

[!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

You're forgetting about how crappy the weather is up there. It's too damn cold! I live in Minnesota (the state bearing what is probably the closest resemblance to Canada in the U.S.) and the weather even sucks horribly here. (I'm moving south some day [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ) Believe what you'd like, you Canadian. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Ah, but the difference, Stranger...

Is that we can TAKE the cold! And the heat. And the humidity.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]7. Basketball was invented by a Canadian[/quote]

That's hardly something to be proud of [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Apart from that, I envy all Canadians. I'm glad to have lived there for some time.

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I live in Minnesota (the state bearing what is probably the closest resemblance to Canada in the U.S.) [/quote]

That's likely true for the prarrie provinces, but Maine is the most Canadian of the Eastern states [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

3. The size of our football fields and our bigger balls. (I think only Yanks will get that one.)
Haven't you noticed that no one outside Canada cares about your version of football? That ought to tell you something.

4. A population roughly equal to the states of New York and New Jersey living in an area slightly smaller than Russia.
Why would this be good? I love urban areas and dense populations. You can keep your barren unpopulated ice fields.

5. Lacrosse is Canadian
Lacrosse has always been, is now, and will always be completely gay.

6. Hockey is Canadian
I couldn't agree more. And the US will be a much more civilized place once we can get our hockey teams to go north where they belong.

7. Basketball was invented by a Canadian
Who lived and worked in America. If Canada is so great, how come all your talent migrates south?

8. Poutine and maple fudge are among the finest foods available to mankind.
Anything containing the word "maple" is not intended for human comsumption.

9. Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers's ass
Duh. A wet rag kicks Mr. Roger's ass. But you have nothing that compares to The Electric Company.

11. In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed the Americans back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most of Washington, under the command of a general who was insane and hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and partied...Go figure.
The Canadians were under British control, because they never had the guts to stand up to England like the US did. I'd rather die free than live subject to a freakin' queen.

12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany.
Yeah, and they're annoying as hell. That's nothing to be proud of.

13. We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone, anywhere.
That's because the rest of the world doesn't care about beating Canada. What is there to fight for - tundra??

14. Our civil war was a bar fight that lasted a little over an hour.
Your complete lack of interesting domestic history is hardly a sign of superiority.

15. The only person who was arrested in that civil war was an American mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing... but showed up just in time to get caught.
So your people arrested an innocent bystander? And you take pride in this miscarraige of justice??

16. We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on.
Sorry, Jethro, plaid was never cool. Those of us who stayed away from drugs knew that.

17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the worlds oldest company.
According to information I read a couple of years ago, the world's oldest company is a European mining company that's been around since the 1500's.

18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.
That's a credit to dogs, not to Canada.

19. We still know what to do with all the parts of a buffalo.
Really? Then tell me, what do you do with the lumbar vertebrae of a buffalo?
You don't know. Native Americans know, and we have them down here too.

20. We don't marry our kin-folk.
Neither do we. Even in the most backward parts of the US, that died out 75 years ago. It was extremely rare in the first place anyway. Don't confuse jokes and stereotypes with reality.

21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.
Insulin is a natural product of the human body. You only copied it. That's like copying urine and claiming it's a new product, which you also did: Molson.

22. We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.
So has any American who grew up in the northern US like I did (I grew up in Wisconsin).

23. A Canadian invented Superman.
Superman's a pussy. Batman rocks.

(A few of IronDuke's nonsense items were omitted above, because no one outside Canada gives a wet fart about them anyway.)

Hey SMX, why don't you lick my balls?

I wasn't attacking the *greatness* of the USA, I was extoling in the virtues of my own country. Honestly buddy, calm down and take a few jokes once in a while.

Still, you must admit this one's good:

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]That's like copying urine and claiming it's a new product, which you also did: Molson.[/quote]

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Jul 22 2004, 11:32 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Jul 22 2004, 11:32 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Ah, but the difference, Stranger...

Is that we can TAKE the cold! [/quote]
Theoretically, I can take the cold. But I'd MUCH rather relax in some nice WARM weather.

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Jul 23 2004, 05:37 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Jul 23 2004, 05:37 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] (A few of IronDuke's nonsense items were omitted above, because no one outside Canada gives a wet fart about them anyway.) [/quote]
Sombody please shove a tampon into this bleeding pussy. He's obviously too retarded to differenciate between what is meant to be taken seriously and what isn't.

[!--QuoteBegin-Merciless+Jul 24 2004, 04:44 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Merciless @ Jul 24 2004, 04:44 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Sombody please shove a tampon into this bleeding pussy. He's obviously too retarded to differenciate between what is meant to be taken seriously and what isn't. [/quote]
am I the only one who can see humour in BOTH IronDuke's and SMX's post?
[!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Jul 23 2004, 10:37 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Jul 23 2004, 10:37 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] 12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany.
Yeah, and they're annoying as hell. That's nothing to be proud of. [/quote]
Excellent! [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenfreak+Jul 24 2004, 09:05 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenfreak @ Jul 24 2004, 09:05 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] am I the only one who can see humour in BOTH IronDuke's and SMX's post?
[!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
No mate, I do too. This little "fight" is really entertaining [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany. Yeah, and they're annoying as hell. That's nothing to be proud of.[/quote]
French annoying ? How can it be ? [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

A little precision, though, say "french speaking" for Québecquois, they are not French. And as for their french, I went there, there was sometimes I was wondering which language some of them were speaking... That was funny ! Not even able to understand my own language [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenfreak+Jul 24 2004, 04:05 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenfreak @ Jul 24 2004, 04:05 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] am I the only one who can see humour in BOTH IronDuke's and SMX's post?
[!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Well I apologize for taking SMX's post too seriously. I'm usually able to tell when someone is just having a laugh and when they're being serious. Sorry about that. [!--emo&:doh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/11doh[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'11doh[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Honestly though, I didn't see much humour in both posts. I'm quite tired of the Yank-Canuck comparisons and the "one-upmanship" stuff.

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jul 24 2004, 02:23 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jul 24 2004, 02:23 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] This little "fight" is really entertaining  [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
It's hardly a "fight". At least, I'm not fighting anyone. When I make some wiseass cracks and my target responds by taking things too seriously, that's his problem, not mine. I've already moved on.

Of course, I know that the Duke is a smart fella, and I trust he'll come to his senses just like Merciless did. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I wouldn't refer to this being a fight.....it's more of me reading a post the wrong way at the wrong time of day.

(that's as close as I get to apologies, SMX [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--])

[img src=\'http://www.clint.ca/argue/argue.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

[!--QuoteBegin-IronDuke+Jul 25 2004, 07:05 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IronDuke @ Jul 25 2004, 07:05 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] (that's as close as I get to apologies, SMX [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]) [/quote]
Close-to-apology accepted. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

See, that's what makes this board great. Other boards I've seen would descend to a never-ending flame war, beating the topic to death. Here, we forget about recent insults and move on to all-new ones!

And in the interest of fair play:
If anyone makes a list of reasons why the USA is a great place to live, I'll attempt to rip it to shreds just the same way.

<bad clint eastwood imitation>
Go ahead, make my day.
</imitation>

Back