Who hasn't heard The Final Frontier?

LooseCannon said:
I'm really glad I didn't listen to the samples. I literally was just shocked the whole time after El Dorado.

If you mean shocked in a positive way, then I hope I have the same reaction to it.  :bigsmile:

ToAshesHisGrave said:
If you mean shocked in a positive way, then I hope I have the same reaction to it.  :bigsmile:

Blown away. I can't tell you if it was positive or a negative way…because I was just listening in pretty much pure silence. Some songs grabbed me right away; others needed some listening, but it was all astonishing. I don't want to give much away :)

LooseCannon said:
Blown away. I can't tell you if it was positive or a negative way…because I was just listening in pretty much pure silence. Some songs grabbed me right away; others needed some listening, but it was all astonishing. I don't want to give much away :)

Well, that sounds awesome to me! I can't wait!  :rocker:

Forostar said:
In 2006 I remember that I heard BTATS somewhere on the net (was it a sample or the whole thing streaming?) plus we had the single Breeg. I admit that I doubt about BTATS. Does anyone else remember how things went in 2006?

They streamed 3 songs on Iron Maiden.com- Breeg, Different World and Brighter Than A Thousand Suns.  The last two were posted within days of each other.

Then they posted a snippet of video from the studio documentary that came with the album.

I just listened to "The final frontier" & "El dorado" and I really loved it!
I can't wait to get my vinyl tomorrow or friday and blast the hell out of it!

Been reading the statements on these boards a lot & according to all the people
who listened to the album, I'm in for a treat sometime within the next 48 hours!

LooseCannon said:

You scared me that night. After Coming Home when your comments were very warm, you started to comment with one word and a lot of (...)

Forostar said:
Brighter.. ? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Yeap. Brighter was the reason that I decided not to listen more than one song before listening to the entire album.
I regretted to have spoiled such a monster.

The only song I've heard from TFF is El Dorado, I said fuck off to everything else until I get my hand on the real CD. I want to have the joy to unwrap the plastic and put on a totally new CD (but one song) that I'll listen back to back. Fuck the leaked version. I've been waiting for 4 years, I can handle it for a couple of days.

I've listened to the two singles and the sample of The Talisman.

Went to the store yesterday and the guy said it was coming out on Friday... which is tomorrow!  :bigsmile:

It will be the most awesome day ever.

I haven't listened yet, I'm waiting until Tuesday. It's gonna be tough haha, but I can do it.

I think the only leak I ever downloaded before the album came out was 'Death Magnetic', which is understandable. It was the first Metallica album to come out since I became a fan, and all the hype made me break down and download it haha.

TheJuggernaut said:
I haven't listened yet, I'm waiting until Tuesday. It's gonna be tough haha, but I can do it.

I think the only leak I ever downloaded before the album came out was 'Death Magnetic', which is understandable. It was the first Metallica album to come out since I became a fan, and all the hype made me break down and download it haha.

That's what I did too, but my reason was because I pledged that if they released another St. Anger shitshow, I would never buy a metallica release again.  I wasn't disappointed though and promptly bought the album.

I remember seeing the video to Can I Play With Madness before 7th Son was released and it detracted nil from my pleasure and of course the album was amazing. I enjoy a pre-release single if its official. It means Maiden wants us to hear it and so I've heard El Dorado and The Final Frontier. But the rest is still a mystery for another 22 hours and I look forward to buying the disc, turning up my stereo and reading through the booklet, having a couple of full listen throughs then watch the interview then have another couple of full listens then maybe a thousand more over the next year or so.  I will always Remember Tomorrow!!

At this point on their music  career (35 years), they don't care if the album is leaked, they just want people to like the album..., and I'm one of the Maiden fans that couldn't resist to dowload it, but I'll of course buy it, I have it already reserved

I'm resisting, and having pre-ordered (and therefore paid for) the album helps  B) 

LooseCannon said:
I stopped listening to it a few weeks ago too, just in case. Well maybe once or twice! But yes, it helps…it really slots in nicely. You'll find out what I mean soon.

I didn't listen to the samples, and as a result, every song other than the first two and WTWWB shocked the hell out of me.

...and you just approximately doubled my anticipation of the album.  Hype and first impressions from newbies is one thing, but a comment like that from you, well... it's got me excited.

What "samples" by the way?

Some 30 second samples of all the songs leaked about 2 weeks ago. I decided to give them a miss as they wouldn't really tell me anything about the songs, and I didn't want to prejudge them.

I have only listened to The Final Frontier, El Dorado and the Talisman. I'm buying the album tomorow, can't wait to listen to the whole thing!!!!! :edmetal:

I can't believe some people are getting it tomorrow. Lucky bastards.

Oh well, that's why I'm getting a copy from iTunes. I'll be sitting in front of my computer promptly at midnight on Monday so I can snag it as soon as it's made available.

Back