Who hasn't heard The Final Frontier?

Ben Beast

Educated Fool
So the TFF has leaked, but how many users are here who doesn't want to listen the leaked album ? For me it's such a torture not to be able to hear it, but I gave myself a promise and I must hold on. Oh, well 4 and a half days to go :edmetal:

I haven't. Apart from The two songs that were released "properly" of course. Can't wait till friday though! WOO!!!  :edmetal:

Yup I still haven't listened to it and until yesterday I wasn't even thinking of downloading it.But I met someone who had listened to it and said that it sucked big time(which I know is impossible) and somehow made me want to listen to it.
Don't know for how much longer but I'm still resisting!

Just gonna wait for the official release now. We'll get it here Friday, dunno why but they always release it the Friday before over here. And I'll reserve judgment until then but I am very excited. The actual title track sounds way better without the space ship sound fx in the video. El Dorado was quality. Fucking epic live too  :edmetal:

Just two more days. I think it's gonna be much more satisfying to put the disc in the box. :bigsmile:

However, if it isn't in my mailbox on friday, then perhaps I'll download it.

The only thing I've heard is the first two songs and samples of the others.

Trying my hardest to wait for the official release next week.  Damn this is hard.

infinitedreams7thson said:
Delaying gratification is the way to go.  Of course we will all purchase the album when it is released, but I really hate downloads and downloading. 

I don't mind them.  I just treasure my Iron Maiden "album experience" too much to stray now.

I'm waiting for the official release as well. I mean I did listen to El Dorado, but who hasn't? I didn't even listen to the title track fully, because the sound effects were way too off putting for me.

The thing that's sort of odd is that I've listened to El Dorado so much it almost feels like and old song at this point.

snake plissken said:
Just gonna wait for the official release now. We'll get it here Friday, dunno why but they always release it the Friday before over here. And I'll reserve judgment until then but I am very excited. The actual title track sounds way better without the space ship sound fx in the video. El Dorado was quality. Fucking epic live too  :edmetal:
aren't you from the official forum? I havn't heard the leak yet.

I stopped listening to it a few weeks ago too, just in case. Well maybe once or twice! But yes, it helps…it really slots in nicely. You'll find out what I mean soon.

I didn't listen to the samples, and as a result, every song other than the first two and WTWWB shocked the hell out of me.

Can't wait to get the CD, sadly the only decent "sound system" I have is my TV... put in my xbox and give it a whirl.

I've heard El Dorado and The Final Frontier in full, but that's it. Haven't even listened to the samples of the other songs. And it's been weeks since I listened to the first two. I'm so excited, I just hope it blows me away.

I'm really glad I didn't listen to the samples. I literally was just shocked the whole time after El Dorado.

So I heard only one song before the album comes out. In my case, that happened only two times before.

2003: Dance of Death -> Wildest Dreams
1992: Fear of the Dark -> Be Quick Or Be Dead

In 2006 I remember that I heard BTATS somewhere on the net (was it a sample or the whole thing streaming?) plus we had the single Breeg. I admit that I doubt about BTATS. Does anyone else remember how things went in 2006?
In 2000 I remember Maiden put 3 songs on their site, and there was the single The Wicker Man.
In 1998 I heard the whole album on internet, streaming (I guess a leak, I don't think it was on the Maiden site).
In 1995 there was the single Man On The Edge which included one other album track.
That's how far my "anticipating albums-history" goes.

Back