Who hasn't heard The Final Frontier?

Corrin said:
I've listened to the whole album and honestly...it is shocking. It's so...I dunno different and "slow" compared to past albums. IMO it's a lot like "Fear of the Dark" as in the music is mostly slower and mostly not very good. I'm very upset over this album.

I still haven't heard it, but this sounds just like most of the reviews on every other forum besides this one.  "Boring" is a common theme.  I'm still keeping an open mind here but I suspect there are going to be a lot of posts on this forum explaining why you should like the album or why the album is good.  And when someone has to explain why something is good, that's never a plus.

All I can say is  :edmetal:

It's another chapter and I loved it... I will say liking earlier Rush albums probably helps, although it is heavier than them...
I'm rambling, great album, destined to be a classic but I remember when 7th Son came out and the reactions of the fans... Happens every time... You can only like what you like...

Tomorrow is the day for me.

I was at Target yesterday and had Final Frontier in my hands but they wouldn't sell it to me until tomorrow.  Fucking bastards, don't put stuff out that you can't sell.

The motherfuckin' brasilian EMI distributor just cheated all of us!!! Bastards!!! Announced today, but they'll only liberate the product for stores tomorrow and probably it'll be for sale only wednesday or thursday!!! Fuckin' shit!!! :down: :turd:

I am also in trouble here! Bought the Mission Ed from Amazon UK and it's only going to arrive... NEXT week :down:

I contacted Amazon and they apologized but also said if I want a full refund they will understand and comply. So, of course I can download it but I will wait 'til it arrives here and I can unwrap this gift the gods of metal have bestowed us! Patience, my young Padawan! :nonono:

The Deluxe version on iTunes doesn't go up until tomorrow, but the standard edition is already for sale :S weird.

It's so tempting to cancel my deluxe pre order and get it a day early....

Jason2103 said:
The Deluxe version on iTunes doesn't go up until tomorrow, but the standard edition is already for sale :S weird.

It's so tempting to cancel my deluxe pre order and get it a day early....

Or just say "fuck it" and get both of them.  :bigsmile:

That is exactly what I am doing  :bigsmile: I have no problem buying a Maiden album twice!

T-minus about 15 minutes until it's ready, I can't wait  :rocker:

Comes out tomorrow here in Canada. I really can't wait. I'm tempted to find a torrent, but I want to listen to it straight out of the CD.

Stan said:
Man, I sure fucking hope this will be #1 in U.S.

I think there's a very good chance! It's number 2 in general music on Amazon, and there's nothing else coming out at the same time that could pose a threat. I think the boys have got this one in the bag.

Roughly four more hours and I'll FINALLY be able to hear it! Woo-hoo!

Theres a T.I (shitty autotune rapper) album coming out tomorrow as well but I think the boys should still come out on top. I tried to get the cd one day early from two record shops at the mall today but no luck :(

Prisoner Of Maiden said:
Theres a T.I (shitty autotune rapper) album coming out tomorrow as well but I think the boys should still come out on top. I tried to get the cd one day early from two record shops at the mall today but no luck :(

Hopefully they do, unfortunately, sellouts and popular names sell  -_-

Crimson Mask said:
I still haven't heard it, but this sounds just like most of the reviews on every other forum besides this one.  "Boring" is a common theme.  I'm still keeping an open mind here but I suspect there are going to be a lot of posts on this forum explaining why you should like the album or why the album is good.  And when someone has to explain why something is good, that's never a plus.

It's gone over well on every other general rock forum I've visited.

Stan said:
Man, I sure fucking hope this will be #1 in U.S.
Sorry but not possible. AMOLAD was the highest ranking Maiden album in USA charts ever and did #9. 80's albums never did Top 10 in USA. I hope this album gets Top 10 in USA.
Otherwise I guess TFF will be #1 at European and World album charts.

Brucie said:
Sorry but not possible. AMOLAD was the highest ranking Maiden album in USA charts ever and did #9. 80's albums never did Top 10 in USA. I hope this album gets Top 10 in USA.
Otherwise I guess TFF will be #1 at European and World album charts.

Probably true, but if all of us buy 2-3 copies of the album, then there's a chance!  :D

Maybe Bruce should have promised to play Alexander The Great next tour if the CD goes #1 the first week?

Otherwise who cares where it charts?

Back