Who hasn't heard The Final Frontier?

Talisman said:
I have only listened to The Final Frontier, El Dorado and the Talisman. I'm buying the album tomorow, can't wait to listen to the whole thing!!!!! :edmetal:

Tomorrow ?? I would too...but here in Italy it will be released on tuesday morning !!!

Never the line 'What you're gonna do, on Monday... what you're gonna do... what you're gonna do... on Monday?" made so much sense! :edmetal:

Since Monday is release date here, and also the last day of my vacation, I will buy the album on my way back and along with some fluid made with water, yeast, hops and barley. Then, after my first day of work after vacation, I will sit down and listen.

Until then I'll avoid all leaked songs completely. So far I have only heard the two officially released ones (and TFF only a few times).

I can't lose all this anticipative energy and magical feeling surrounding this album, this tension's that's been building up inside of me and all of us over the too quick and easy option of d/ling off BitTorrent! :ok:

I hadn't listened to it at all (apart from the El Dorado mp3 and the Final Frontier vid.)  Didn't download the leak either.

My copy arrived in the mail from Amazon this morning.  So now I have.  Well worth the wait and the anticipation.

(First post too.  Been lurking too long in this killer forum!)

I'll be curious to hear the responses of people about the whole album after only hearing El Dorado and The Final Frontier for so long. (I'm curious as to what you guys expected based on those two songs)

I've listened to the whole album and honestly...it is shocking. It's so...I dunno different and "slow" compared to past albums. IMO it's a lot like "Fear of the Dark" as in the music is mostly slower and mostly not very good. I'm very upset over this album.

I am guilty...I have heard the album on youtube.   :(

I couldn't wait...but I will say this...this album is a masterpiece.  Well worth the wait.

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. I'm not sure how you decided that riffs like in "El Dorado", "The Talisman", or "The Alchemist" are slow, but that's your call. Of course, I would suggest that FotD is more of a rock album, and this is more progressive. If you don't like progressive, that's just fine, but I see far more comparisons between TFF and The X Factor and Virtual XI, both of which I adore rather more than Fear of the Dark.

I've listened to the album about 3 more times since then, and I'm changing my mind. I love it! I suppose it's just so different than usual Maiden-fare that I was turned-off at first. I do suppose I am still bugged that this album has so many 8 minute + "progressive" songs...but it's not a bad album. Different but not bad.

I heard it all and read many reviews. And this made me change my mind about pre-release info.

If any of you is holding on to the "album experience", stick with it! This one absolutely deserves it. I don't regret downloading solely because it made me see it's unworthy of their art.

Back