Which Iron Maiden album would you like to see performed live in its entirety?

Choose one album:

• Somewhere In Time

Votes: 42 32.3%
  • The Number Of The Beast

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Killers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Powerslave

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Piece Of Mind

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Iron Maiden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • No Prayer For The Dying

• Fear Of The Dark

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • The X Factor

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Virtual XI

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Dance Of Death

• A Matter Of Life & Death

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • The Final Frontier

Votes: 12 9.2%

• Total voters
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

A big challenge for the band to create the same atmosphere and it would be a feast for the old and new fans.
Plus it has a lot of songs that haven't been played live that often, especially the title track and Infinite Dreams.

Zare said:
Somewhere In Time. It has an unique theme, and not a single filler track. Since Iron Maiden show lasts ~ 100 minutes (of music), after you include essentials (HBTN/IM) + whole of SiT, there's still ~35 minutes left to bring in other tracks.

0. Blade Runner Theme
1. Caught Somewhere In Time
2. Sea Of Madness
3. Infinite Dreams
4. The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
6. Wasted Years
7. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
8. Walking On Glass
9. Stranger In A Strange Land
10. Heaven Can Wait
11. Hallowed Be Thy Name
12. Iron Maiden
--------------------------------------------------------
13. Starblind
14. Deja Vu
15. Alexander The Great

There - you have a blasting two SiT song setlist beginning, going into a classic proggy SSoASS moment, breaking into two very energetic SiT songs again,  followed by a true fucking classic in the middle. ROTAM goes into Walking On Glass (modified for three guitar thing somehow  :D), resembling original Somewhere On Tour. There we continue with moody mid tempo song, followed by three crowd participation moments. Encore - a true new classic proceeding into energy liftup with beautiful Deja Vu, show ending with one and only Alexander The Great.

I would consider Piece Of Mind or Number Of The Beast setlists as cabaret nostalgia thing. But not Somewhere In Time. Why? SiT tour was 25 years ago. Only one SiT track got a large number of subsequent appearances after that. One other SiT track got a into a few setists after that. Then, one another SiT track appeared only on dozen of dates in 1999. Two were never ever played. One was dropped after a date or two of original tour. Another one was dropped shortly after first leg. Even the bootlegs of original tour are of sub-standard quality.

You can think what you want of this record, you may not like synthesizers, you may not like what direction they took with it, but it's a golden era album widely regarded as one of their best, both by fans and media critics. If any album deserves to be played in eternity, a revisit - it's SiT.
great list, its perfect plus adding starblind is an awesome song, i agree with you completely

Well, I don't really like the idea.

As much as I want fresh new material from the band, it is far more exciting not knowing what they are going to pull out next.
Meaning;
I was ever so slightly... I don't know how to put it, but kinda disappointed at the 'Matter Of Life' show, only because I knew that they were playing the whole thing, so it was predictable.
That took alot of mystery and excitement out of the night.

It was still a stunning show. And I loved seeing my homeboys kill it on stage, but, I would prefer by far and wide, that they surprise us with each and every song on the set-list.

That is one of my main disappointments with Maiden. They kinda have a "rule" about what they do and do not play, so it takes a dreaminess and wonder out of the evening.
I hate that 'Iron Maiden', 'Fear', 'Hallowed' MUST be played. For a one-time ticket buyer, it's a blessing. But, for those of us buying every dvd, and attending every show we can, it gets old.
And I used to adore 'Hallowed'.

If they were to do it, I would probably vote for 7th Son tho.

Album in their entirity performances as suited great to Concept albums.. but I'd prefer either SiT or BNW. SiT because it's got some immense tracks that I would just love to see live, and BNW because it's my favourite.

I've seen no tracks from either at this point :(  .. much as BNW is my favourite, I will go with SiT due to the following reasons:

-They tend to play more 'new stuff' on the recent tours so BNW is featuring more
-It would mean Alexander HAD to be played, so even if I couldnt make the gig's it'd prove they could do it, so no more excuses for future!
-Didn't you read the one above? Do I really need more reasons!!! ATG!!!
-Fine, 1 more, I want to see how they choose to end SIASL seeing as they can't fade out :p

I think it would be epic to see Moonchild live and the whole Seventh Son album. It would just be a pure blast and I would really love to hear the Evil That Men Do live as well. Somewhere in Time and Brave New World are at a close second.

Just have to go with "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son", it's a damn shame that we never got "The Prophecy" and "Only the Good Die Young" live...​

Forostar said:
I hope Maiden won't do this. All these bands chose old albums because they never made something of the same level afterwards. In an ultimate attempt to draw more people to their concerts they give in to this cabaret act.

Still, if they did, I wouldn't stay home and pick Somewhere in Time.
It's probably my favourite album and I have only witnessed two songs of it, in concert.

I don't agree. Many bands with a lot of successful albums have gone back and done this who had masterpieces since said album. Bands such as Aerosmith (Toys in the Attic), Judas Priest (British Steel), Metallica (Master of Puppets) and the list invariably goes on.

Seventh Son definately its not my favorite album but its a great album because its there concept album. Could you imagine how mind blowing it'd be to hear the entire story told live? I still remember the firts time I heard the album and read the lyrics along with it, it was like mind fuck especially songs like Infinite Dreams, Clairvoyant and Only The Good Die Young.

Detest this trend of bands playing one whole album. Unless it's your current record it stinks of desperation (Metallica playing the Black album in whole etc).
Personally I'd like to see Maiden mix it up a bit more.

After thinking about this for a bit, there isn't really any Maiden album that I'd really want to see in its entirety. Only certain songs that haven't been played that would be cool to see live, if they did the whole album. So I voted Final Frontier so that Isle of Avalon and Starblind can see the light of day live.

I chose the Final Frontier
here is the setlist I'd go for
0. Sattelite 15
1. Final Frontier
2. El Dorado
3. Talisman
4. Different World
5. Isle of Avalon
6. Mother of Mercy
7. Die w/ Your Boots On
8. Starblind
9. Alchemist
10. Evil That Men Do
11. Man Who Would Be King
12. When the Wild Wind Blows
13. Iron Maiden
-----
14. Coming Home
15. Number of the Beast
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name

I added some live staples and a few other songs I'd like to hear live

Actually, I don't think I'd want to go and see them perform any one album in its entirety. I'd always prefer a mix of music from a few different albums/eras

At this point I'd like to change my vote to somewhere in time. It just seems like it would be a greater show.

Intro
1. Caught Somewhere in Time
2. Sea of Madness
3. The Trooper
4. Stranger in a Strange land
5. Phantom of the Opera
6. Number of the Beast
7. Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
8. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
9. Walking on Glass
10. Die With Your Boots On
11. Heaven Can Wait
12. Deja Vu
13. Hallowed be thy Name
14. Iron Maiden
---- Encore
15. Wasted Years
16. Fear of the Dark
17. Alexander the Great

Brave New World.

I would absolutely love to hear SSOASS, but we get those tracks in a setlist more than the BNW material. I would, however, switch out "The Nomad" for some deep cut from SSOASS.

Fear of the dark. Most under-rated album. EVER. Even by my fellow fans. The album i play most. So live would be a real treat.

Back