Where does Iron Maiden stand in your top 10 bands of all time?

I have an extremely nebulous set of preferences, but I think I can safely say that Maiden is my favourite band (and Rush the second).

Iron Maiden sits firmly in the upper half of my top 10 band list. It's Maiden's consistency, musical prowess, strong sense of literary agency and personal introspection that makes Maiden of of my favorites. I latched onto Iron Maiden from the first song I ever heard (FYI: Dance of Death).

I guess my list would be:

1: The Darkness
2: Led Zeppelin
3: Iron Maiden
4: UFO
5: Danger Danger
6: Alter Bridge
7: Foxy Shazam
8: Harem Scarem
9: H.E.A.T.
10: Work of Art

The lower four are interchangeable and fluctuate as my mood goes :)

Iron Maiden sits firmly in the upper half of my top 10 band list. It's Maiden's consistency, musical prowess, strong sense of literary agency and personal introspection that makes Maiden of of my favorites. I latched onto Iron Maiden from the first song I ever heard (FYI: Dance of Death).

I guess my list would be:

1: The Darkness
2: Led Zeppelin
3: Iron Maiden
4: UFO
5: Danger Danger
6: Alter Bridge
7: Foxy Shazam
8: Harem Scarem
9: H.E.A.T.
10: Work of Art

The lower four are interchangeable and fluctuate as my mood goes :)
I suppose you also like Dare? Nice to see WOAin your Top10. Great AOR.

I suppose you also like Dare too? Nive to see WOAin your Top10. Great AOR.

Yeah, AOR is my 'to go' but I dive into Peter Frampton, Thin Lizzy, many other solo artists as well as a lot of classical music. But a working day goes faster with high-octane guitars!

Dare: I know (of) them but they're not really my kind of band. Not bad, but I just didn't connect with them.

And yes, Work of Art is amazing. I just discovered them a few months back but I'm very impressed with their work! Very consistent, interesting harmonies and creative use of instrumentation. (creative within the genre ofcourse).

This could be the definitive top 5 of MaidenFans.
God, I hope not. Dream Theater is so boring, and Symphony X, while I like 'em, aren't nearly that popular on the forum.

I'm not even sure I could put a top 10 list of bands together. That's a lot of limiting. Maiden's on top though.

God, I hope not. Dream Theater is so boring, and Symphony X, while I like 'em, aren't nearly that popular on the forum.

I'm not even sure I could put a top 10 list of bands together. That's a lot of limiting. Maiden's on top though.
I'm a big Dream Theater fan (except for The Astonishing), but they're not for everyone. I love Symphony X. I've seen them a number of times. I had tickets for a show in May that was cancelled due to the coronavirus.

I also had tickets cancelled for a show. It was probably in May, I don't exactly remember. I was very much looking forward to it.

Back