What's your favourite post-reunion album and why?

Favourite post reunion album

• Brave New World

• Dance Of Death

• A Matter Of Life And Death

• The Final Frontier

Results are only viewable after voting.
The only track I think it could've been a B-Side is New Frontier. The rest is pure genius! I listen to DOD constantly, so much that I think it is the one I most have been listening to, since it's release date.

The only track I think it could've been a B-Side is New Frontier. The rest is pure genius! I listen to DOD constantly, so much that I think it is the one I most have been listening to, since it's release date.

No way. I love that song. Fast og catchy rocker. Age of Innocence is a much weaker track.

It has to be AMOLAD because of how consistently awesome that album is. I love the riffs, melodies, lyrics, and the overall vibe. The other post-reunion albums all have some filler, but AMOLAD is nearly perfect all the way through. Different World is the only song I would consider less than great, but even so, it has an excellent solo and a good main riff. I love all the post-reunion albums and consider them all on par with Maiden's classic material for the most part, but consistency and superb lyrics put AMOLAD at the top for me. I'm hoping TBOS will surpass them all!

My ratings for now: AMOLAD>DOD>BNW>TFF

New frontier is cool as hell. Age of innocence absolutely rocks.no b sides here. Great Melodies all over, and Bruce is giant on AOI.

Interesting to see so much DoD love at the moment, and welcome, from my point of view.

If you removed age oF innocence and new frontier, cut the chorus a bit on gates of tomorrow and changed the running order a bit then dance of death would be an awesome record. For now it just doesn't sit well with me, even if it has many truly amazing moments.
edit: and toned down that brutal compressor, of course.

I think it's stuck in Maiden's history as a Marmite album, I'm afraid (you either love lashings of the stuff on toast or else it makes you a tad nauseous). Someone on here did rework the sound on a couple of tracks once, and looking back, I think it actually lost some of its intensity.

I certainly wouldn't change the order. No More Lies - Montsegur - Dance of Death is my favourite run of three from Maiden. Putting Gates of Tomorrow and New Frontier next in quick succession adds to the epic impact of Paschendale.

I'm really glad some people love Dance of Death. I enjoy it, but there are just too many songs I don't love that drag it down a bit for me. Then again, I love the sound of DOD - I love how raw and guitary it feels. I'm not an album producer or an audiophile, but whereas BNW is a vocals album, Dance of Death is a guitar and drums album, to my ears.

I'm really glad some people love Dance of Death. I enjoy it, but there are just too many songs I don't love that drag it down a bit for me. Then again, I love the sound of DOD - I love how raw and guitary it feels. I'm not an album producer or an audiophile, but whereas BNW is a vocals album, Dance of Death is a guitar and drums album, to my ears.

I like much more the drumming and the guitar work on BNW, but I agree with the fact the all the songs of DoD sounds very "guitarish".

Tried to go through AMOLAD while driving to work today.Changed the CD on hearing Different World's prechorus.....changed to TFF I actually went through 3-4 songs...no problem at all

I like much more the drumming and the guitar work on BNW, but I agree with the fact the all the songs of DoD sounds very "guitarish".

Please don' t get me wrong but you prefer the drum work in songs like Dream of mirrors,Ghost of the Navigator,The mercenary,The nomad where there are NO drum fills/rolls at all?!

Please don' t get me wrong but you prefer the drum work in songs like Dream of mirrors,Ghost of the Navigator,The mercenary,The nomad where there are NO drum fills/rolls at all?!

Compared to DoD whole work, yes: some traks are very banal. BNW has some "static" parts but they are powerfull and heavy. Plus the sound of the drum is great.

Compared to DoD whole work, yes: some traks are very banal. BNW has some "static" parts but they are powerfull and heavy. Plus the sound of the drum is great.

Fair enough mate.It is that the repetition and the freaking loud drum sound just spoil it completely for me.

AMOLAD for me.

The problem with all Maiden albums since SSOASS is a lack of Maidenness to me. I think this is because Steve's writing dramatically changed. The reunion did not change this and for me anyway Adrian and Bruce are probably the strongest writters.

This is why I really dislike BNW some good songs on it yes but it feels like it was left over from the 90's with Bruce on vocals and Adrian just making up the guitar parts. Like someone said a long way back in the thread they also think it is poor.

DOD I like but feels a bit inconsistent and New Frontier is probably the worst reunion song they've done.

TFF is good but lacks any punch but this seems to be the same with all the Shirley productions.

Back