What's your favourite post-reunion album and why?

Favourite post reunion album

• Brave New World

• Dance Of Death

• A Matter Of Life And Death

• The Final Frontier

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's Brave New World for me. The production on that album has always stood out for me, and over time the sheer number of classics on it are evident. In fact, the first few times I listened to it, I knew I was listening to songs that I would repeatedly listen to, to this day. It never gets old, it is timeless.

Brave new world for sure,the only one i find strong the whole listen.

there is no song that i dont like,nomad its like a trip,maybe the mercenary would be the worst song,but it would be a 5/10,the rest of the album is a masterpice.Even the thing line,i love the choures and the part of the soul.And yes i love the galloping of out of the silent planet.

And worst,DOD i remember being in the forum discussing that the cover was fake,all this photoshop monster were a joke of the band and the real cover was behind them,but NO,the cover was a shit,and so was the album,constant weird parts,weird choruses most of them on the 2ond half of the album.

I really hope that Book of Souls would return to BNW sound,if they make a bad album would be the first time in their history that they made 2 bad albums in a row ( for me)

I must be the only person in existence who has Brave New World as their least favourite post reunion album. As an album it just never clicked with me like the other three albums did. I just don't view a lot of the tracks on BNW as "amazing", apart from Blood Brothers and The Thin Line Between Love and Hate (I love those two tracks).

However, saying all that, I still really like Brave New World, I think it's a cracker of an album.

My favourite post 2000 album has to be AMOLAD. The tracks are just sublime, the subject matter of the album touches me emotionally and the production is great.

As for the ranking of the past four albums it has to be:

1.A Matter of Life and Death
2.The Final Frontier
3.Dance of Death
4.Brave New World

I'm definitely going to get shot for this.

Last edited:
TFF easily.Songs like Coming home, Mother of mercy and Starblind have a quality stamp that have an effect on me 5 year after they were released.The only songs from the other albums I sometimes feel the need to lusten to is maybe the last part of TTLBLAH,maybe Face in the sand.
BTATS and the Legacy come close as well but although songs with great parts they just bore me after a few minutes

I don't know how an album with Paschendale DOD rainmaker Montsegur can be considered SH*t by a maiden fan. I do love all the songs on this masterpiece album, but those four alone are outstanding and to me rank all in the top 20 songs of the reunion.
The album is not sh*t. Period. No way.

I don't know how an album with Paschendale DOD rainmaker Montsegur can be considered SH*t by a maiden fan. I do love all the songs on this masterpiece album, but those four alone are outstanding and to me rank all in the top 20 songs of the reunion.
The album is not sh*t. Period. No way.

I dont consider Paschendale that great,nor Rainmaker and montsegur is reaaaallly weird.

And yes,THAT WEIRD SOUND is all over the album,for me is a dark,sad, and dissapointing album.

Dark yes. Sad, ? Doesn't make seance. Disappointing ? No F' n way. And if dance of death sounds weird, then weird rules. It is the closest sound to the hayday albums, and each songs to me, stands alone as unique and outstanding. IMO, it blows bnw and ff away, not on production, I concur, but it's material. It reminds me of POM. Not to dis those other great reunion albums at all.

In the Death on the Road documentary Kevin says that he made a rough export cd for Steve to play it in his car. Steve liked this sound and they mastered the album from this cd... :facepalm: That's why it sounds as it sounds...

Face palm indeed. I think if the production was up to brave new world snuff, it would be at or near the top of most fans reunion list. The songs are so good to me, I can easily get past it.

Kevin is doing such a great job in every other album he produces.Maiden's albums are an embarrassment sonic wise. But we discussed that ma y times already

DoD is very close to their live sound. I saw them a few weeks before it came out and I was impressed by how exactly they nailed the live sound.

Don't get me wrong but I thought that albums are created in studios so that you can have a worked out and fitting sound.Otherwise we would only have live recordings

For many bands, yes, but I think the live thing works for Maiden. Their biggest draw is their live sound and it's best to capture that in studio too IMO. After all, their albums have started to become advertisements for their tours anyway instead of vice versa.

I think we're exaggerating a bit here.... DoD is my least favourite of the reunion albums, but it's pretty frigging far from sh*t! And the same goes for the sound, it's worse than the others, but not that id call it horrible.

I think that we might be losing the point here. IMO the productions Kevin is doing for Maiden are a complete embarrassment. Compared to other album Kevin did and compared to the old Maiden albums they sound like demos to me. So there are two ways of seeing this

1) comparing the albums just between them (re-union albums)

2) Compare them to the old ones.

Since this thread is related to the last 4 albums I don't think that there is a single person who would think that the sound of DOD is anything to write home about. The best produced album was BNW but even that had the drums way to the front. So the level balanced was pretty much screwed up.

So sonic wise I'd go for

1) BNW

2) TFF

3) AMOLAD

4) DOD

As for the song quiality I think they are getting better with each new album

Dark yes. Sad, ? Doesn't make seance. Disappointing ? No F' n way. And if dance of death sounds weird, then weird rules. It is the closest sound to the hayday albums, and each songs to me, stands alone as unique and outstanding. IMO, it blows bnw and ff away, not on production, I concur, but it's material. It reminds me of POM. Not to dis those other great reunion albums at all.

I can see what you say about piec of mind,but its faaaaaaaar from that quality of songs,gates of tomorrow,new frontier,face on the sand Jourmeyman and specially age of innocence for me are REALLY BAD.Some people complaint about Fear of the dark album,but i think fugitive,Fear is the key,From here to eternety,Judas by my guide,Childhoods end,are a step above of DOD fillers.Not the apparittion.

And about the sad sound.....dont know,the guitars melodies seems to be so sad,the start of No more lies is an exemple of a song that tells nothing until the chorus.And the chorus isnt great either.

For me a great estructure of a song or great melodies since reunion would be Ghost of navigator,Brave New World,Blood Brothers,Brighter than 1000 suns,These colours dont run,Longest day is an amazing epic song,cant resist to sing that chorus.

Dance of death for me is a boring album,without idieas,and a few clasic maiden parts where you say! yes! lets sing.

Ok. Better explained. I just don't see those tunes as filler at all though. Face in the sand is killer. A very good use of a slower intro and build up. Gates of tommorow gets sooo much hate around here, idk, I think it's definitely different. I dig Bruce ' snide delivery and the almost ACDC vibe to the song. Paschendale is fricken epic and I put it in the rhyme/hallowed discussion. I like the variety on this album.
I guess I just don't appreciate one of my favorite albums being referred to as Sh*t !! Lol..

AMOLAD without any doubts. Brighter than a thousand suns is, imo, the best song that Maiden did after 1988. The album has practically no filler, and every song seems very weel-thougth. AMOLAD is the climax of the Maiden-era started with Paschendale and they nailed it. Too bad that this new vein to do more elaborated and evocative songs gave us TFF, which, imo, is their worst post reunion album: too boring and repetitive.

Back