What Iron Maiden song you heard first?

Genghis Khan/Wrathchild... played those tunes over and over (on cassette if anyone here is old enough to remember those) one inebriated high school evening. My buddy and I were quite taken with Steve's intro, and both remarked how weird it was to be playing air bass istead of air guitar :shred:. Hey, it was 1981...

I am not sure."Piece of Mind" was definately the first IM album that i heard but as far as the first song....probably "The Trooper" .My best friend's older brother had bought POM .

I am also part of the game generation. The first Maiden song I heard was Run to the Hills on SSX: On Tour.
It also featured Dio-Stand up and shout, Scorpions-Dynamite and Def Leppard-Let it Go. That game is pretty much
responsible getting me into Rock/Heavy Metal

taker64 said:
Genghis Khan/Wrathchild... played those tunes over and over (on cassette if anyone here is old enough to remember those) one inebriated high school evening. My buddy and I were quite taken with Steve's intro, and both remarked how weird it was to be playing air bass istead of air guitar :shred:. Hey, it was 1981...
And almost 30 years later, I still play air bass! :D

Fear of the Dark was my first, The Trooper was second, Hallowed Be Thy Name was third. All Rock in Rio versions.

I just wrote "Iron Maiden" on Youtube's search tool three years ago and here I am now. Thank god for that moment. I wasn't a metalhead, I wasn't even a music lover until that moment. That moment changed my life. I started playing the guitar, I learnt what good music is and I started believing to a new religion (Iron Maiden) etc.

It was 'The Number of the Beast', and I listened to the album constantly. As an 8 year old boy I felt like I was betraying Maiden by listening to anything else.

It's hard to remember, but I believe it was Lonelieness of the Long Distance Runner.  My friend who intruced me to Maiden was a distance runner and he loved that song......

btw, Maidenhead, what prompted you to search for "Iron Maiden" on Youtube in the firstplace?  Just curious.

My first Maiden memory was watching a guy beating up another guy on a school trip
back in '92 while "Killers" was on.

sasquashed said:
It's hard to remember, but I believe it was Lonelieness of the Long Distance Runner.  My friend who intruced me to Maiden was a distance runner and he loved that song......

btw, Maidenhead, what prompted you to search for "Iron Maiden" on Youtube in the firstplace?  Just curious.

I was trying to find the musical genre I like. I wrote it, I wasn't a music fan these days. I listened to rap, RnB etc. and thought they suck. The only genre I liked was classical music then I wanted to find out what Heavy Metal is. I've seen "Iron Maiden" on a forum back then and it was the first metal band came to my mind. And I wrote it, here I am now.

Back