WHAMAGEDDON *insert current year*

Mariah Carey is the one I mainly try to avoid, along with this

Yeah, if anything Whamageddon made me realise that I actually like "Last Christmas" and that Mariah's is the one I really detest and would prefer not to hear for a month. Plus I hate the trend it set with Christmas pop songs, how they're all about how little the singer needs presents, Father Christmas, snow - all the traditional Christmas things basically - and just wants "mah baby".

Can't agree about Shakin' Stevens though, that song's a certified grade-A banger.

Plus I hate the trend it set with Christmas pop songs, how they're all about how little the singer needs presents, Father Christmas, snow - all the traditional Christmas things basically - and just wants "mah baby".

I definitely see your point, and I have no specific love for the Mariah song, but to be fair: we didn't need any more songs about needing presents or Santa, either.

He's customarily known as "Shakey" ;)
Can't agree about Shakin' Stevens though, that song's a certified grade-A banger.
:ok:
Christmas-themed country music.
:ahhh:

Personally the only ones I really can't stand are the uninspired covers of older songs - Michael Buble is of course excepted here as he generally does a good job on them but Kylie's "Santa Baby", Denise Van Outen's "Sleigh Ride", Harry Styles' "Wonderful Christmastime" et al can all take a running jump :down:

And yes, all those three million Wham! covers ...

Personally the only ones I really can't stand are the uninspired covers of older songs
Exactly, especially where they over-sing or mess up the melody and make it sound like shit. The greatest Christmas song cover of course is Bruce Springsteen’s “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town”, where he goes for a rock ‘n’ roll vibe on a classic and I love it. (Although my partner hates it.)

Also I really don’t mind Mariah, it’s a fun song and she has a great voice. Those high notes make me jealous.

Went out to try running gear, first in the biggest Nike retail in Asia, then in a pretty huge Adidas, New Balance, Saucony, ASICS, Lululemon. Some in the hottest malls of the city. I fucking made it without hearing it.

But is far from over. Today I'll do the Outlet Mall. I have too. It will be a miracle if I make it alive. All the above shops and more, plus public spaces, cafes, restaurants. So please help me god.

Back