Weakest Song from each Iron Maiden album

But.... To Tame A Land, The Thin Line Between Love And Hate and The Legacy???????? OMG.
TTAL has poorly phrased, repetitive verses that just double the guitar line, and the instrumental section is nothing special. I pretty much always skip it these days.

TTLBLAH has a terrible first half (horrible phrasing, bad lyrics, godawful vocal harmonies), but then the second half is sublime. Lowest lows of that album, though.

The Legacy isn’t a bad song by any means, but the vocal harmonies are shrill and shrieky, and the song isn’t that special after the great intro. It was between this and The Pilgrim, and I thought the latter was a little more consistent, though it has incredibly awkward lyrics.

TTAL has poorly phrased, repetitive verses that just double the guitar line, and the instrumental section is nothing special. I pretty much always skip it these days.

TTLBLAH has a terrible first half (horrible phrasing, bad lyrics, godawful vocal harmonies), but then the second half is sublime. Lowest lows of that album, though.

The Legacy isn’t a bad song by any means, but the vocal harmonies are shrill and shrieky, and the song isn’t that special after the great intro. It was between this and The Pilgrim, and I thought the latter was a little more consistent, though it has incredibly awkward lyrics.
... dear god...

They repeat the bass line.
Thanks. As I noted, it’s been a while since I listened to it. I’ve actually heard Dream Theater’s cover of it more recently than the original.

Starblind is the best damn song the band has ever written.
To be honest I do need to give the album more listens (have only just started getting into their later albums), but initial reaction is the four songs after The Alchemist aren't as good as the first half of the album, but then "When the Wild Wind Blows" is great.

To be honest I do need to give the album more listens (have only just started getting into their later albums), but initial reaction is the four songs after The Alchemist aren't as good as the first half of the album, but then "When the Wild Wind Blows" is great.
The live version of The Talisman from En Vivo is warmly recommended.

IM: Charlotte the Harlot
K: Prodigal Son
TNOTB: Invaders
POM: Quest For Fire
P: Losfer Words
SIT: Sea Of Madness
SSOASS: The Prophecy
NPFTD: Hooks In You
FOTD: The Apparition
TXF: Lord of the Flies
VX: The Angel and the Gambler
BNW: The Nomad
DOD: Gates of Tomorrow
AMOLAD: Out of the Shadows
TFF: Final Frontier
TBOS: Tears of a Clown

Out of all of the songs above I only like Sea of Madness. The rest are all skipped when they come on.

K: Prodigal Son
SIT: Sea Of Madness
AMOLAD: Out of the Shadows
giphy.gif

IM: Iron Maiden
Killers: Prodigal Son
NOTB: Invaders
Piece of Mind: Quest for Fire
Powerslave: Flash of the Blade
Somewhere in Time: Heaven Can Wait
Seventh Son: Can I Play With Madness
NPFTD: Hooks in You