WARNING THREAD: Fake Senjutsu Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would definitely ban posting of this stuff in the final week because CD stores are going to stock up for Monday. A lot of unaffiliated people will have access to the product before the release date so a weekend leak is likely.

Meantime I'm amusing myself over and over with the leaks throughout the years. Especially Belshazzar's Feast ones where hundreds of supposed Maiden fans were commenting on the YT. Are you really that deaf?
where i can talk about trooper official merchandise?

As is to be expected, people are already starting to collect random power metal songs and trying to pass them off as leaks from Senjutsu. This thread is to collect any such supposed leaks and identify the sources in order to prevent them from spreading any further.

A YouTube channel called "Iron Maiden" (with 55 subscribers, really nice try!) posted two songs (edit: now three) from a newly released album by a Brazilian band called Icon of Sin under the guise of Senjutsu:

Original:

Original:

Please post any further supposed "leaks" you come across and we can try to identify them.
These all sound like a band trying to sound like Helloween except for the singer, who obviously tries to sound like Bruce.

This is true for TBOS as well. I'd wager a good number listened to early leaked versions whilst waiting for their pre-orders to arrive.
Yep, me. I had it exactly a week before release. Was still blown away by the album when it arrived physically.

I got tricked today, thought someone leaked the album or maybe there was an early release, but instead it was, well, judge for yourself:
This channel also posted other songs pretending they are from Senjutsu, but in reality they are weird covers
It keeps uploading more even as of i'm writing this,
so that leads me wondering - why is this happening? There is another video by a different channel where it claims Bruce is singing in greek (
)
Was there a similar thing going on back when Book of souls was being released?

At this point I am willing to listen to anything even remotely similar to Maiden.

Do people seriously need to be reminded that 'leaks' on YouTube are fake?

How YouTube's content ID system works is that YouTube has a database which corporations or companies can upload their material to so that if something matches up with the material, then it's automatically detected.

Guaranteed if Senjutsu had leaked it likely would already have been taken down considering the content matches (and depending on the situation, takedown notices) then it'd happen almost immediately.

Do people seriously need to be reminded that 'leaks' on YouTube are fake?
Yes, because people get incredibly excited and carried away, and before long, try to pass off what they want to be true as the actual truth. We've been down this road before a few times.

I got tricked today, thought someone leaked the album or maybe there was an early release, but instead it was, well, judge for yourself:
This channel also posted other songs pretending they are from Senjutsu, but in reality they are weird covers
It keeps uploading more even as of i'm writing this,
so that leads me wondering - why is this happening? There is another video by a different channel where it claims Bruce is singing in greek (
)
Was there a similar thing going on back when Book of souls was being released?

This guy is probably doing it as clickbait hoping people will stay on the videos long enough for ad revenue.

As for the second one, it's probably done to get exposure for this guy's band. I mean, I really, really hope they don't expect anyone to believe this is Maiden, so my thought is they're doing it to draw in listeners who are looking for Maiden leaks. Because obviously, this band doesn't have a chance to get signed and get real promotion, I mean listen to them.

If it's anything like what happened with TBOS, then the real leak should be around Friday this week. Back in 2015 I remember seeing it on Reddit first around August 28 and then rushing to the forum.

Yep, it was the 28th and I think that the quality was good too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back