War Of Epics: Results

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
Book Of Thel is a great song, not Bruce's best song, but still pretty great, while Run Of The Mill is quite boring. Easy vote here.

2nd pair is tough. Pull Me Under is a great song, one of Dream Theater's best. Master Of Puppets is also a great song, but quite overrated compared to other Metallica songs; however, it's still better than any Dream Theater song, so it gets my vote.

Run of the Mill is a strong and original atmospheric song with a rare type of solo by K.K. Starting calm and subtle, it has a long build-up, perfectly intertwining with the swelling atmosphere. That hypnotizing bass line underneath locks well into the drums, providing a magnificent grooving rhythm. Nice haunting organ by Glenn. Some of Halford's finest, emotional singing. Altogether a top 10 Priest track for me.

Last edited:
I think Foro and I are the only big fans of that song on the forum. I remember us getting very pissed off about it being eliminated early in the latest two Priest survivors.

Phase 1, Round 5 Results:
Book Of Thel and Master Of Puppets are promoted, Run Of The Mill and Pull Me Under are eliminated.
User standings are updated here.

Phase 1, Round 6:
vs.
-
vs.

The Idol is an awesome ballad with an amazing guitar solo. Also comes from a concept album which is a big plus in my book. Harlequin Forest is a great song, but honestly the rest of the song (especially the cringey 07:19-07:45 part) doesn't live up to the awesome beginning.

Achilles Last Stand is a Led Zeppelin song. In Parting isn't, meaning it's actually good and gets my vote.

Phase 1, Round 6 Results:
The Idol and Achilles Last Stand are promoted, Harlequin Forest and In Parting are eliminated.
User standings are updated here.

Phase 1, Round 7:
vs.
-
vs.

Back