War Of Epics: Results

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
Welcome to the War Of Epics!

Each round will last for 2 or 3 days, depending on the amount of votes.
Each user gets 5 points for every match his songs win. Losers get no points.
You can see the list of all the songs with video links here and after every match, user standings will be updated here.
For more info, check out this thread.

Phase 1, Round 1:
vs.
-
vs.

Immortal is good, but it's no Stargazer.
Close call between Abeyance and Damien, but I went Damien.

At The Heart Of Winter got me into Immortal while I was collecting the songs for the game. Awesome riffs and atmosphere (although I would've rather gone with Withstand The Fall Of Time). However, it's up against Stargazer and it's really a no-brainer.
Abeyance has cool melodies & riffs and Bel'akor is another band I discovered with this game. Wish the vocal parts were as catchy as the guitars though. It's going against my 2nd favorite band and a juggernaut that is Damien, so again an easy vote.

Immortal and Belakor were both good. I didn't like the vocals on Immortal, but it makes up for that with that great atmospheric intro. If these two were matched up I'd pick Immortal.

Damien wins over Belakor because it creates a nice creepy atmosphere.

Confident in Stargazer's likely victory, I'm willing to play spoiler. Immortal and Iced Earth.

Both were tough decisions.
Of course, I love Stargazer and think it is one of the best songs ever, and there is no doubt about that. But still, I have to give my pick the recognition it deserves, for being one of the best black metal songs ever. Immortal.
I never heard the Bel'akor song before. This band seems to have slipped me for some reason. Brilliant stuff. I love Damien, but it's my least favourite IE song in the game, and I'm not even sure if Abeyance isn't better. Bel'akor.

Not that it makes any difference but after a second listen, I regret voting for Iced Earth. Bel'akor song is definitely better.

Phase 1, Round 1 Results:
Stargazer and Damien are promoted, At The Heart Of Winter and Abeyance are eliminated.
User standings are updated here.

Phase 1, Round 2:
vs.
-
vs.

Being the nice person that I am, I decided to hear Xanadu before voting. Who knows, maybe today will be my Rush day... Guess what? My laptop crashed. Ha!

Heathen Tribes is one of the best and most epic metal songs ever, and obviously best Primordial song. But it goes against one of the best rock epics, so it's super hard to pick. Tempted to vote for Estranged because the solos give it a slight advantege, but I'll decide a bit later.

There's nothing wrong with Xanadu. Great sound and performances by all members... however it misses out on the epic part IMO. The Dark Ride is one of the best Helloween songs and also I have to admit I'm biased because I like Helloween much more, so I'm gonna vote for it.

The Primordial track would have been amazing if the vocalist could actually sing, instead of warbling like a drunken sailor -- he'd be better off going with a Type O Negative kind of sound, which he toys with around the 4:00 mark, or going full Cookie Monster. As it is, ugh. Plus, the mix is bad -- the guitars are way in the background and the vocalist is too loud, and again, he's the problem here. Estranged is a little too bloated, and probably would have been better if it were only 5-6 minutes long. (And what's the deal with the dolphins in the video?) But it has some fantastic licks by Slash, who is a criminally underrated guitarist, in my view. Estranged gets my vote.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Xanadu could win this whole thing. If only Brig could be led into the light! Dark Ride is very solid power metal. I could see this being really popular live in concert, good sing-a-long anthem. Excellent guitar solo too. The bridge was a mistake, though, it just doesn't work for me. Tough draw for this one -- if matched up against Primordial, it would have certainly got my vote -- but it's not even in the same league as Xanadu.

Back