Vinyl reissues

Last edited:
When Two Worlds Collide is one of the most under appreciated Maiden tracks. Should be a classic and should've been played live with Bruce. I'm glad Blaze at least gave it some attention on his live album.

Been thinking about A Real Live Dead One. Donington is almost certainly going to have its own vinyl release a la Maiden England, so that leaves ARLDO as the only Maiden album (not counting compilations or box set material) without a new vinyl release. I'm thinking it would make a perfect Record Store Day release. First of all, A Real Live One and A Real Dead One would have to be separate. Second, it's exactly the sort of thing most groups of Maiden's caliber do on Record Store day. Well established artists don't do special releases of their more well known albums, usually it's the more obscure stuff. ARLDO is memorable enough that people from the 90s will remember it, but obscure enough that it will attract mostly hardcore fans (which is good since they always limit the supply on these things).
As I said before, if they could justify releasing Virtual XI on vinyl surely they can do ARLDO too.

Does Record Store Day exist outside of the U.S.? If no, did Maiden ever publish anything that way? It seems so market specific to me that it would be pointless.

I don't think it does, but BNW and the Empire picture disc were RSD releases out here. Dunno how they were released in Europe.

Love the box, and the 2 LPs it came with sound fantastic, but holy jesus:
http://imgur.com/a/x76QY

Having worked in graphic design for a number of years now, this is an atrocity, this should not have gone to press. Obviously this was scanned from an original LP, and blown up and the lost the 'bleed' sections on all the sides and had to extend it or something...

Noticed that, didn't realize it was an error until you posted about it. Just looked at my CD copy and yea it's different.

Overall it seems like the quality standards were lower on the No Prayer release for some reason. Also No Prayer and Virtual do not have polylined sleeves. My copy of BNW is also without polylined sleeves so I'm assuming the new issues will also come that way.

Was going through my brother-in-law's vinyl collection and found a few i loaned him long ago! Including the first Rigor Mortis, Van Halen 5150, and best of all...IM-TNOTB!

He has some classics like Yes- Yessongs and Tales From Topographic Oceans

Just getting around to giving these a listen. I haven't listened to my original X Factor vinyl in a very long time, but I remember that you couldn't hear the intro to Look for the Truth unless you absolutely blasted the volume. With this remaster you can hear it.

Went to a vinyl fair just recently, and they had loads of Maiden stuff like Brave New World for ridiculous prices. I just thought... In a couple of months we'll see these re-released. And behold!

Thing is, it's a 2LP picture disc. In fact, out of these re-issues only No Prayer For the Dying, Fear of the Dark and Virtual XI were on black vinyl originally, the rest were picture discs. Good to see them being released on proper vinyl this time. And hopefully they sound better than some of the 2014 1980s reissues.

Thing is, it's a 2LP picture disc. In fact, out of these re-issues only No Prayer For the Dying, Fear of the Dark and Virtual XI were on black vinyl originally, the rest were picture discs. Good to see them being released on proper vinyl this time. And hopefully they sound better than some of the 2014 1980s reissues.
X Factor was originally released on clear vinyl I believe, not picture disc.
I played my picture disc of Dance of Death and it sounded better than remembered so have cancelled my orders. I may buy if the price comes down but they're too expensive right now.

X Factor was originally released on clear vinyl I believe, not picture disc.
I played my picture disc of Dance of Death and it sounded better than remembered so have cancelled my orders. I may buy if the price comes down but they're too expensive right now.
You do realize you could sell the picture disc and basically fund 3-4 of these new releases on black vinyl that “should” sound better.

You do realize you could sell the picture disc and basically fund 3-4 of these new releases on black vinyl that “should” sound better.
Yeah, I know but nostalgia an' all. I get a bigger thrill playing the original, however it sounds.
It's still got the HMV(Norwich) price sticker - 17.99ukp. 27.99 for the new one just doesn't feel good. It'll probably happen one day, especially for TFF, but not right now.

BNW, Rock in Rio, Dance of Death, and AMOLAD just arrived in the mail .. seeing Maiden tonight .. good timing :)

Back