Vinyl reissues

hi all. Sorry if this has been asked before. Can't seem to find answer in google.

Is there any talk of vinyl being reissued from No Prayer for the Dying onwards?

Thanks

I don't believe there's any plans to carry on with the vinyl reissues at this moment of time, it might change in a few years when the band call it a day.

I really wish they would though, I need A Matter of Life and Death on some heavy weight vinyl.

There's been two small scale reissues of Brave New World so I would not be surprised if there is a plan to re-release all the other post-80's vinyls

I'm thinking Maiden are going to be regular participants in Record Store Day from now on so maybe we'll see more reissues that way. Dunno how likely the 90s albums are, but I could see them doing the 00s albums. I would at least like AMOLAD and TFF. DoD and X Factor could be good depending on how they're mastered.

I picked up the Brave New World vinyl reissue. It was released in 2016, originally as an HMV exclusive and then as a Record Store Day limited edition, 2,500 copies only. To my ears, I think the LP sounds better than the original CD. It was a digitally recorded album, I think, so the analog media format is a bit artificial, but I think the mastering on the LP is better, there is more space between the instruments and it sounds less harsh. Whether I recommend it depends on how much you are willing to spend, I suppose. I'm guessing it is hard to find and likely expensive at this point. Discogs has them selling for $115+, haven't checked eBay.

It is lame that it was only for limited release. The whole discography should be reissued on vinyl and widely available. Other bands of Maiden's caliber are doing it (Rush, Kiss, etc) so it's certainly possible.

I don't know about BNW, but they were using analog equipment on DoD at least.

I picked up the Brave New World vinyl reissue. It was released in 2016, originally as an HMV exclusive and then as a Record Store Day limited edition, 2,500 copies only. To my ears, I think the LP sounds better than the original CD. It was a digitally recorded album, I think, so the analog media format is a bit artificial, but I think the mastering on the LP is better, there is more space between the instruments and it sounds less harsh. Whether I recommend it depends on how much you are willing to spend, I suppose. I'm guessing it is hard to find and likely expensive at this point. Discogs has them selling for $115+, haven't checked eBay.

they're over a 100 euros on ebay.

What surprised me when I was checking for price on ebays is that the original release picture discs are even dearer than that again, I would have thought they'd be quite plentiful.

So glad I was able to grab the last copy of BNW on Record Store Day! I paid less than $30.

Record Store Day list for April 2017 leaked, no Maiden so far. Kinda weird, would be a good way to promote the upcoming tour. Maybe do a special LP of TBOS songs played live or something.

There is this though:

Books I & II of "Cygnus X-1" are newly compiled together for the first time ever as an audiophile 180g vinyl EP with brand new artwork by longtime Rush artwork creative director Hugh Syme.

SIDE A: Cygnus X-1: Book 1 SIDE B: Cygnus X-1: Book II

Very cool .. I am all over this. I already have No Prayer and FotD on black vinyl ... but obviously not the rest ..

Not an Amazon.com yet ... waiting for that to start ordering.

Last edited:
I am keeping my money in my pocket on this until I can read initial reviews of the mastering and pressing quality. All-digital recordings mastered for an analog format seems strange and phony to me, but if these reissues sound good, then who cares. Again, I thought the RSD version of Brave New World sounded better than the original CD, so there is reason for optimism. On the other hand, the 2015 Onkyo hi-res digital remastered releases, which these reissues will use, had very compressed dynamic range. So, again, I will wait and see.

Last edited:
Awesome! Glad to see BNW is getting a wide release too. Particularly interested in how DoD and The X Factor will sound.

Haven't heard the 2015 masters, is it good that they're being used for this project?
Edit: Nevermind just saw CFH's response

Awesome! Glad to see BNW is getting a wide release too. Particularly interested in how DoD and The X Factor will sound.

Haven't heard the 2015 masters, is it good that they're being used for this project?
Edit: Nevermind just saw CFH's response
It really just depends if they use uncompressed remasters. The 2015 remasters weren’t terrible and probably improved on everything after TXF. They were just overly compressed. There is potential for these to sound good especially given how well the RSD version of BNW was. I doubt Chris Bellman is cutting them though like the RSD of BNW.

Back