Vinyl reissues

I'm listening to it too, just started side 2. Sounds pretty good but I'm not a huge fan of the mix on this one in general.

I listened to TFF, Flight 666, and Death on the Road today. All sounded fine, I never liked the TFF mix, nice that they course corrected away from that on TBOS

I'll give En Vivo a spin tomorrow. Off to see Dunkirk.

So I'm going to get the last two live albums later, in the meantime here's what I recommend for those who aren't completists but might be curious about these:

No Prayer: Skip it. The original CD is better and probably not that hard to find.

Fear Of the Dark: Get this one. Probably the best of the bunch honestly.

X Factor: The differences between this and the original are subtle, but it's still an improvement. The package is also very nice with the foldout booklet thing.

Virtual XI: So much better than the original. Having this is going to make me want to listen to Virtual way more often than I usually do.

Brave New World: Like X Factor, there are subtle improvements. Recommended if you really like BNW.

Dance of Death: It's still a little compressed but a major improvement over the original. It doesn't sound like they're pushing the limiter into the red at every moment. It's a nice volume and more space between the instruments. The music actually breathes on this, which brings out a lot of its under appreciated qualities. Fan favorites like Paschendale are no longer held back by a distorted master.

AMOLAD/TFF: I didn't really hear a difference from the originals, which is fine. Probably only for people who are big fans of these albums or completists.

And for the sake of completion (and since it fits in the box): Vinyl is the best way to hear The Book of Souls.

Keep in mind the only differences are in the mastering (loudness, overall EQ, stereo imaging etc). If you don't like the muddy reunion era mixes, don't expect anything different with these because they didn't remix them.

Cheers for the rundown, Mosh.

Got the box plus Virtual XI so far. Will get The X Factor too.
I have the rest on picture discs, so won't bother with those.

Fear Of the Dark: Get this one. Probably the best of the bunch honestly.
I wasn’t too impressed with this one. Are you comparing it to the original US CD or the original European CD? The European CD is lightyears better than the US.

Haven't heard the European cd, will keep an eye out!

I would like to see it on vinyl, it's an essential live album that deserves more than being part of a long out of print box set. I also hope that the three 90s live albums eventually come to vinyl. I'm sure Live At Donington will come to vinyl (and a new CD reissue) once the DVD is released. A Real Live Dead One would be a good record store day release.

Back