USA Politics

Liking everything I'm hearing so far. Hopefully he can deliver on most of it. I'll especially be looking at what happens with DACA and the reforming of immigration policies. I doubt ICE will be abolished, but as long as it goes back to how it operated under Obama I'll be happy.

I doubt ICE will be abolished, but as long as it goes back to how it operated under Obama I'll be happy.
Well, abolishing ICE is a pretty silly concept in the first place, but anyone who behaved inappropriately, or was involved in child separation or any of these horrific unnecessary hysterectomies needs to have the book thrown at them for sure. The shitheads need to be purged and we need to stop treating anyone who shows up at a border crossing as if they’re a criminal.

Unity doesn't mean every single American because not everyone who was born within our borders really is an American. Some of us are beyond the pale of citizenship. These unfortunates may have American passports and birth certificates, but effectively are hostile foreigners.

Wow.

• Wow
Reactions: Jer

Unity doesn't mean every single American because not everyone who was born within our borders really is an American. Some of us are beyond the pale of citizenship. These unfortunates may have American passports and birth certificates, but effectively are hostile foreigners.

Wow.

That should be a career-ender there.

Reactions: Jer
There's hundred of thousands of Irish over there who went over on short term visas and never came back, without a drop of American blood in them, and I guarantee you Tucker does not consider them hostile foreigners.

Tucker first made waves when he was in university and was a debater on some subject or another that his opposing team delivered powerful arguments for. When it was Carlson’s turn, he simply said, “I think you all are a bunch of greasy chickenfuckers.”

This is a huge issue with America. We’re always looking for the sound bite, not the substance. I got told this story during a get together where most people were right wing. Their respect for Carlson got boosted that day. My respect for them dropped. Fuck this place.

I started watching Carlson in the past year, trying to understand the other side, and obviously I generally don’t like Carlson’s behavior and political agenda.
But since the election I’ve seen him several times being keen on de-escalating the danger of violence and demanding proofs for claims of voter fraud. He used the word “truth” in arguing against those conspiracies, even argueing that stories about UFOs are more believable. A lot of his republican friends have shown they only care about power and don’t give a fuck about truth anymore. So considering where Carlsons clientele and he himself stands, I respect him a lot a for doing what he did in this case.

NTAS_web-banner-blue-bulletin.jpg

Summary​

The Acting Secretary of Homeland Security has issued a National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS) Bulletin due to a heightened threat environment across the United States, which DHS believes will persist in the weeks following the successful Presidential Inauguration. Information suggests that some ideologically-motivated violent extremists with objections to the exercise of governmental authority and the presidential transition, as well as other perceived grievances fueled by false narratives, could continue to mobilize to incite or commit violence.

Duration​

Issued: January 27, 2021 11:00 am
Expires: April 30, 2021 01:00 pm

Details​

• Throughout 2020, Domestic Violent Extremists (DVEs) targeted individuals with opposing views engaged in First Amendment-protected, non-violent protest activity. DVEs motivated by a range of issues, including anger over COVID-19 restrictions, the 2020 election results, and police use of force have plotted and on occasion carried out attacks against government facilities.
  • Long-standing racial and ethnic tension—including opposition to immigration—has driven DVE attacks, including a 2019 shooting in El Paso, Texas that killed 23 people.
  • DHS is concerned these same drivers to violence will remain through early 2021 and some DVEs may be emboldened by the January 6, 2021 breach of the U.S. Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. to target elected officials and government facilities.
  • DHS remains concerned that Homegrown Violent Extremists (HVEs) inspired by foreign terrorist groups, who committed three attacks targeting government officials in 2020, remain a threat.
  • Threats of violence against critical infrastructure, including the electric, telecommunications and healthcare sectors, increased in 2020 with violent extremists citing misinformation and conspiracy theories about COVID-19 for their actions.
  • DHS, as well as other Federal agencies and law enforcement partners will continue to take precautions to protect people and infrastructure across the United States.
  • DHS remains committed to preventing violence and threats meant to intimidate or coerce specific populations on the basis of their religion, race, ethnicity, identity or political views.
  • DHS encourages state, local, tribal, and territorial homeland security partners to continue prioritizing physical security measures, particularly around government facilities, to protect people and critical infrastructure.

How You Can Help​

• We ask the public to report suspicious activity and threats of violence, including online activity, to local law enforcement, FBI Field Offices, or their local Fusion Center.
  • Your choice can make a difference. Choose non-violent ways to make your voice heard and support friends and family in doing the same.
  • Communities are strongest when they are not divided: Strengthen your community by standing together against violence.

Be Prepared​

• Avoiding large crowds, including protests, is safest due to ongoing pandemic conditions. However, if taking part in protests do so peacefully, safely, and wear masks.
  • Be responsible for your personal safety. Make note of your surroundings and security personnel. Carry emergency contact as well as medical and other needs information with you.
  • Connect, Plan, Train, and Report to prepare businesses & employees.

Stay Informed​

• Local, state and federal agencies will provide specific information about emerging threats as additional information is identified. The public is encouraged to listen to local law enforcement and public safety officials.
  • Last year, DHS released a Homeland Threat Assessment to the public examining the threat environment through 2021.
  • The DHS Lexicon on terrorism includes terminology for DVEs and HVEs.

Sometimes I wonder what the point of this thread is when 99% of everyone on here agrees with each other since most stuff on here is pro-left wing and all of it is just preaching to the choir.

Back