USA Politics

Looks like Bloomberg is jumping into the dumpster fire of Democratic candidates. For whatever reason, Kamala Harris decided to propose a 10 hour school day ... which beyond making no sense, is not really anything the Feds have to do with to start with. Got her back in the news at least to test the "there is no such thing as bad publicity" sentiment.
Imagine telling the child who’s bullied in school that he now has to stay for 3 more hours. Oof.

Trump's re-election is looking more and more assured.
Nah, most people are dead sick of this prick, even the people who agree with his overall policy choices. He could still win, for sure — but I don’t think it’s better than coin flip odds for him, even if Sanders or Warren gets the nomination. Depends on what happens with impeachment and the economy, though.

Can someone recommend a website where I can see who's still in the running to be a candidate, and who are the favorites, estimated results etc?

Five thirty eight is good for a lot of that, although I don’t know if they have a list of everyone still in it.

75241046_2708942639165008_3004374815197888512_o.jpg

No comments on Sondland's testimony today?

Or Trump's repeated shouting of "I want nothing!" (which he read from a sheet of paper)?

Is this real or is it a sort of absurd theatre?

That’s pretty much it. On one hand, it’s really exciting to watch history unfolding. On the other hand, at this stage in the Trump era, it is happening in one of the most boring predictable ways possible. Part of the problem is knowing there’s really no chance of a republican senate convicting Trump, despite the heap of evidence.

With that being said, Sondland’s testimony was the most striking. Defending Trump at this point is clearly becoming more of a struggle, but it’s unclear whether a political price will be paid. What will be really interesting is when Giuliani and Trump turn on each other. It is almost certainly going to happen.

In other news, I actually get to watch the debate tonight. The race has taken some interesting turns recently which I’ll comment on along with some other thoughts on the debate.

who had a good night: Booker, Klobuchar, Yang, Harris, Mayor Pete

who had an OK night: Bernie, Warren

who had a bad night: Biden, Gabbard, Steyer

Overall this was one of the better debates. Very little embarrassing moments or desperate attempts at zingers. I appreciated moments like Harris declining the opportunity to hit Pete for the stock photo scandal. Overall the quality of debate seemed higher and they also didn’t get too bogged down in back and forths on issues like healthcare that we’ve seen in past debates. It’s a testament to the debate moderation, candidate behavior, and much of the riff raff being removed from the stage.

One interesting thing I noticed is that there seems to be a mutual respect developing between the serious candidates, and likewise a mutual aspect of annoyance toward candidates like Steyer and Gabbard who are wasting everyone’s time. Yang to a slightly less extent. The candidates also seemed less afraid to go after Gabbard, which is great. She’s become an increasingly less appealing candidate in recent weeks, at this point an even worse choice than Biden IMO. Harris and Mayor Pete both thrashed her pretty badly. Let’s all hope this is the last we hear from Tulsi.

Mayor Pete was one to watch this time. He’s had some really good polls and shows echos of the Obama campaign. Will be interesting to see where he goes from here, he had a good night.

Reactions: Jer
Bernie came off as the strongest in the debate, IMO, and Biden as the worst. The Tulsi / Pete showdown was pretty evenly matched, although the Trump / Kim Jong Un quip may have have won it in Pete’s favor. Ultimately a “solid” debate for lack of a better term. Everyone did about as good as expected.

Putin‘s troll went down in flames, hopefully never to be heard from again in this campaign.

I like that Buttigieg finally showed his fangs. I think that will turn some more heads in his direction.

Biden’s gaffe around being endorsed by the only black female senator in the country’s history, when a different black female senator was standing right there on the stage next to him, was yet another example of why he would be a dangerous choice of nominee. He just doesn’t have the mental clarity to lead anymore, and he should get out of the way.

I think Booker may have secured the VP slot tonight. He has no chance to lead the ticket this time around, though. And I’ll never let that Spartacus bullshit go.

Agreed 100%. I once used Nazi flags as a basis for my argument against the whole "heritage not hate" bullshit. I do believe there are folks that do not see the confederate flag as racist and are not racist themselves, but it's just ignorance. The confederate flag is predicated on "we wanna keep our slaves".
Heritage is important. I've hears some "ilustrated" imbecile label Union Jack as "imperialist racist flag as well.
Who is ignorant?. I've been called "nazi"once by a stupid 21 yo pseudo-stalinist "genious". Retards. My Grand was at the WW2 fuckin combat against nazis. Speak the truth or shut tfu. IGNORANTS.

Agreed 100%. I once used Nazi flags as a basis for my argument against the whole "heritage not hate" bullshit. I do believe there are folks that do not see the confederate flag as racist and are not racist themselves, but it's just ignorance. The confederate flag is predicated on "we wanna keep our slaves".
dimebag-darrell-confederate-flag-guitar-billboard-510.jpg

Booker as VP has come up a few times since last night. He’s certainly qualified for it but I’m not sure who’s ticket he would fit demographically. Of the four front runners, Biden, Bernie, and Pete are going to want a woman as VP. That leaves Warren, which might be a good combination but then they’re both New Englanders. She might want to look for someone in trump country, such as Pete, Castro, or even Klobuchar.

It is very odd though. In a normal environment, Booker would not only be running away with this but also exciting the base and that elusive Obama coalition. It’s actually quite amazing that he has had 0 traction in this race.

What about Union Jack?. Racist Imperialist scum?.;)
If you want to be pedantic, every nation's flag is supported by folks who are indeed racist, fascist, or some other form of "-ist" along with many folks are absolutely are not. Where the confederate flag differs is in its specificity. It is a flag by a group of states who are literally saying "we're making our own country so we can keep slaves". It's not really comparable. And the Dimebag picture? What is that supposed to even mean? I grew up with Dukes of Hazzard and I live in the South East United States. I grew up around the confederate flag and among many folks who either wave the flag or see no issue with it. All it took was for me to glance at a history book and see what the flag really was. Germany has a Swaztika. The US has the confederate flag. It belongs in a museum, but not on a flag pole.

Back