USA Politics

I don't get it, is it the second Confederate Navy Jack that's discussed above, the Army of Northern Virginia battle flag, or the C. S. A. national flag?

I don't get it, is it the second Confederate Navy Jack that's discussed above, the Army of Northern Virginia battle flag, or the C. S. A. national flag?
View attachment 11095
Most people have forgotten about the various CSA national flags, and they use a 2:3 version of the ANV battle flag. The Navy Jack's colours are wrong.

So the Democratic race has gotten stupider again with both Deval Patrick (former Governor of Massachusetts) and Michael Bloomberg (multi-billionaire 3 term mayor of New York City) jumping in at a late stage.
Patrick probably thinks he has a potential New Hampshire / South Carolina path. Steyer probably thinks he has a lot of money.

In fairness to Steyer, his recent ads have had a clear message that’s different from those of the other candidates, with more of a focus on referenda, term limits, and getting money out of politics. He’s also trying to position himself as the climate change candidate with Inslee out of the race. Those things, plus boatloads of money, may keep him around for a while.

Steyer has the money and polling to stay in for awhile and it seems like he’s trying to put focus on issues nobody else is talking about. The problem is people don’t really care about those issues right now (e.g. congressional term limits). Trying to position himself as the only true climate change candidate is also disingenuous because that is high priority for everyone.

View attachment 11095

Nope, the X one.
There's a fairly big rendition of it (about 5x2 m) on a building wall just below my workplace. There are a shit ton of them around, due to football stuff.

My dear Americans. In all your discussions about Dem candidates, impeachment, confederate flags and what not. Don't forget this. Your current commander-in-chief is a fucking looney.
Yes, we’re well aware. And in fairness to us, the only two things that could deal with the issue legally at this point are impeachment and the Dem candidates, which are two of our main topics of conversation.

At least the UK has a thoughtful, well adjusted Prime Minister and no domestic political strife whatsoever! :ninja:

BBXzTrr.img

Kamala Harris is out. Probably the biggest drop out so far. Amazing she was outlasted by the likes of Yang, Klobuchar, and even Booker (who I expect will also drop out in the coming days).

If I were Trump and wanted to save my arse, I'd fire Mike Pence and replace him with somebody completely uninvolved and utterly unacceptable to Dems and moderate Reps, somebody nobody in their right mind could possibly want for president. Like Trump, only innocent.

Trump doesn't have to do anything. He isn't going to be removed from office and he is still competitive going into 2020.

... and beyond that, the VP is an elected office and cannot be fired. If he were to resign or otherwise be able to continue (death, illness, etc), the President can appoint one, but he/she would need to be confirmed by the House and Senate ...

Best he could do is replace him when running for re-election, but there is not really a reason to do that.

Back