USA Politics

Obama's "weird obsession with crowd sizes" dick joke will live rent free in Trump's head for a long while. That was masterfully executed.

The hand wringing over the Trump attacks online are wild to me. Politico headline: “Democrats Can’t Quit Trump.” As if they’re the party that nominated him three times in a row. He’s a tossup favorite right now and the election opponent, of course they’re going to go after him. Really enjoyed both Obamas’ speeches, but especially Michelle.

A lot of the news media has been acting in such bad faith for quite awhile. Trump is a convicted felon who has verbally stated he'd seek to be a dictator with presidential power and has called for the termination of the Constitution. He is not a normal ("Weird" as some would say!) candidate. Stop holding his hand and treating him as one.

Yeah, the media have been acting even worse than they usually do. Trump promises wild economic ideas without any concrete details, crickets from the media. Harris announces a reasonable and rather popular economic platform only to be met with endless headlines of "who is going to pay for that?". It's ridiculous.

I haven't time to follow US politics lately but since Biden dropped out I have a feeling that Trump got immediately tired and old, Kamala has been acting naturally and with a nice calm and warmth that's very refreshing and she definitely has a great energy together with Walz.

In a more personal, random note, whenever I'm using US vpn I get bombarded from Kamala, Walz & Trump pledges on YouTube for 5-10$ donations. Kamala's are by far the most frequent and quite often I'm getting from both Kamala -Trump in the same session!!

Pretty much fully on board with Walz now. He was fantastic tonight and is a great messenger for the new version of the party. Bringing on a guy this relatable was a really smart move that goes a long way toward supporting the reframing of the race as civil rights and middle class economics vs big government overreach and out of touch weirdos. Shows that Kamala is thinking bigger than a half a percentage point in PA as well.

Walz' speech was very good and seemed aimed towards the middle American undecideds and moderates. Hopefully there's more of them than the MAGA lunatics.

Watching the DNC as a Scot, I'm overwhelmed by how normal they all seem in comparison to the Republicans. Those clowns would never get 45% of the vote share here and I'm astonished that so many Americans think that they're somehow fit to govern.

The DNC has done a really good job making sure to bring in celebrities and popular figures. They're also aggressively trying to create viral moments, be that Lil' Jon or Kenan Thompson or Obama's hand gestures, whereas the Republicans were just boring and their usual self.

Walz gave a good speech. The “while Republicans were banning books in their schools, we were banishing hunger in ours” line was particularly effective. Walz has had more energy in this national campaign than he’s ever shown in his state-level campaigns, which is good to see. I still think he’s inherently boring and a party talking point guy at heart, but he seems to be rising to the occasion.

I was a little nervous about the celebrity factor of a Harris campaign but so far they have handled it well and avoided the obvious pandering we saw with Clinton 16.* It’s not the focal point of the convention and they’re bringing in people who are conveying the right messages to the right people. Oprah was a perfect example of that and was my favorite part of last night.

*It’s the only frame of reference for a woman presidential candidate, but so far I feel Harris is doing everything right that Clinton got wrong. If anything, Trump’s current campaign feels like Clinton’s 2016 run.

I was a little nervous about the celebrity factor of a Harris campaign but so far they have handled it well and avoided the obvious pandering we saw with Clinton 16.* It’s not the focal point of the convention and they’re bringing in people who are conveying the right messages to the right people. Oprah was a perfect example of that and was my favorite part of last night.

*It’s the only frame of reference for a woman presidential candidate, but so far I feel Harris is doing everything right that Clinton got wrong. If anything, Trump’s current campaign feels like Clinton’s 2016 run.
In a lot of way it feels like they learned all the right lessons from 2016. Kinda weird seeing the Democrats making so many good choices in a row. Not used to them coming across as competent lol

Sooo you WEREN'T impressed with the Hulk, brother? Kid Rock didn't knock your socks off, brother?

Hulk Hogan’s speech was insane but that was actually a good get for the RNC.

I feel they're still trying to find a line of attack on Kamala and they haven't made the pivot yet. They appear to still be in that 'phoning it in' state they were in against Biden.

Back