USA Politics

You don't do false flag ops that, if they go only slightly wrong, kill the person they are supposed to benefit. That's just wrong to suggest.

I'm just looking at possibilities here. Knowing Trumps personality and his love for dictators provokes such thoughts. So far nothing is set in stone.

IF it turned out to be a false flag op, I'm sure we will all accept that and admit we were wrong. But there is no reason to think it was.

One person in the audience died. If it was staged they wouldn't have used live ammunition and missed Trump's head by an inch. I'm pretty confident in saying this was a legitimate assassination attempt. Now, what the actual motivation for the shooter was is an entirely different topic and I'm curious to see if we'll find out any information in the next few days.

Last edited:
Just for the sake of different opinions. One of the most prominent my country's media persons (anti Trump) posted this:

"The presidential election campaign in the United States is over. And not only the president. A hero shot, bloodied, but still standing up and raising his fist is invincible. The Democrats can stick with Biden, they can change him to whatever they want, but Captain America and his Red Wave will now sweep the polls. Even the normally Trump-critical New York Times bowed its head to his instinct to react perfectly and send a signal to the audience and to all of America - no one will beat me. And this photo will surely go down in American history.."

I personally think that Trump is stronger after this attempt, we will see how this all will end. :(

If this were another time, we might be discussing this from the angle that this was the first serious political assassination attempt in the US in 43 years, when they were far more numerous before 1981.

Just saw photo on the local tv news of the rally place from above. Shooter was on the nearest to Trump roof of the bordering building (~100 meter plus). How secret service managed to not secure that roof is beyond me. They fucked up enormously. I mean, wtf?

The Secret Service is limited in capacity, and likely outsourced some things to local cops. So I wouldn't put the blame on the USSS yet, although I am sure there will be a review.

One cannot doubt the political instincts of Donald Trump. He was shot, and still managed to get an incredible photo opportunity out of it, acting on raw instinct. I'm sure somewhere in his lizard brain he knew the shooter was down and then acted against his own security. I agree it's the best possible image he could have.

I don't know that the election is over. But Trump remains a threat to American and global democracy. Him being shot doesn't change that he will almost certainly launch Schedule F and reform the US civil service into a group that is personally loyal to Trump, that he will withdraw US support for Ukraine and allow Putin a free hand in the country, that he will give Netanyahu a green light to do whatever he wants in Gaza and Lebanon, and that he may very well work on enacting Project 2025. His economic policies remain an impending disaster and his foreign policy will abandon Europe and Asia to their fates. And the Dems aren't going to want to say that because they're a bunch of cowards who are wringing their hands right now saying "oh maybe this is our fault because we said mean words about the man who already tried to launch a coup".

Getting shot doesn't change the fact that Trump already tried to end American democracy once, and that he'll likely try again.

I monitor several russian sci-fi writers. ~50 years old, all pro putin and severely imperialistic. Can you guess what do they think about recent events? (This photo was posted by one of them)
1720952443763.png
Yes, they are hugely happy. Happy for Trump and maybe for themselves. If Trump will return to power... God save us.

I hope American people will remember that it's Republican policies and reforms that allowed the purchase and possession of weapons in the USA, which led to all of these killings everywhere in the country for decades now. Republicans and Trump are the biggest danger for american people. Not Democrats, that helped a lot the middle and working classes by giving them a stronger health system and to be reimbursed more fairly. They also must remember that's Trump who destroyed Obama's Healthcare system. That Trump is a liar, a fraudster and a patent misogynist. HE IS the danger. Not Biden, not anyone of the Democrats. Trump is the Devil. So is Putin. Putin has won in Russia. If Trump wins again in the USA, it will really be hell on Earth. And as you wrote, @Azas, God save us all.

Reading these last few posts has been interesting - just yesterday I was watching Lindsay Ellis' return to YouTube (with the video "Yoko and the Beatles") and although I couldn't recommend it as a whole* - part of the video is talking about the assassination.

What she points out is that Lee Harvey Oswald, a self-proclaimed Marxist (and overall general failure at everything) tried to unsuccessfully assassinate a hard-right politician at first, before settling for Kennedy, who was a Democrat and therefore much closer to Oswald's position - in theory at least. Why? Whether it was the desire to just be successful at something, to make a mark, whether there was a reasoning at all, whether it was because JFK, while rather left for America, was still way too right for Oswald...

The point is - it is hard to accept there might be no narrative sense. It is understandable that people want the theories, the conspiracy. For it to make sense. It is logical and it might be even expected. But people who take up arms to murder someone don't always make sense, narrative or otherwise.

I don't think there's a narrative sense here (maybe a metaphysical one for me, but that's hard to guess - my best might be: being vulgar, materialistic, exploitative and aggressive creates a world where you might be shot) and I seriously doubt it's a false flag operation.

However, the unfortunate consequence will be that it will inevitably boost Trump's popularity, it always does (happened after the unsuccessful assassination attempt at the Prime Minister in the neighbouring Slovakia recently, for example).

...unless you're as staunchly progleft as she is, with the video kinda falling apart once she suddenly starts seaching for "the narrative" (i. e. "the society controlled by influential men hates women in general, as demonstrated on the Poor Amber Heard vs the Monstrous Johnny Depp") - but the video was brilliant until then and occasionally afterwards, as usual with her...

Last edited:
Well, You certainly cared to spew this comment. I posted that post to illustrate that pro putin russia prefers to see Trump in the office.
Well, that's not really surprising, is it? Putin has his fingers in most right wing parties/governments and it is obvious that Russia would prefer another Trump term. We don't need to hear the opinions of random pro-Putin folks to come to this conclusion.

Trump is the Devil. So is Putin. Putin has won in Russia. If Trump wins again in the USA, it will really be hell on Earth. And as you wrote, @Azas, God save us all.
If Trump is 'the Devil' and it will be 'hell on Earth' if he wins, then it is morally justifiable to shoot him, or to do any manner of terrible things to stop him being elected, or at least that is how some mentally ill extremists like this shooter may interpret it. Dangerous and irresponsible rhetoric.

If Trump is 'the Devil' and it will be 'hell on Earth' if he wins, then it is morally justifiable to shoot him, or to do any manner of terrible things to stop him being elected, or at least that is how some mentally ill extremists like this shooter may interpret it. Dangerous and irresponsible rhetoric.
It's not a dangerous and irresponsible rethoric, because it's the pure truth. It was hell on Earth for all the migrant mexican people and their children when they were treated as terrrorists and put in jail like criminals just because they were mexican and wanted a better life in the USA. It was hell on Earth for women that wanted to be the only masters of their bodies and that were treated as criminals and put in jail for aborting. It was hell on Earth for LGBTIQA+ people who were treated as criminals for just being themselves, especially for transgendered and intersex people who have been sued for just using bathrooms that corresponded to their gender, put in jail for doing a transition and treated as pure shit by Trump, the Republicans and all the bigot Republican supporters. It will be a lot more hell on Earth for dying ukrainian people if Trump wins, even if they already lived hell on Earth since Putin's invasion of their country. It's hell on Earth for the endangered species as CEOs and Trump are just interested in destroying the environment. It's hell on Earth for billions of farm animals that are dying because of meat and dairy consumption. It's hell on Earth for all the African people that are dying of starvation every day because of people like Trump. And so on, and so on... I can continue like that for hours giving you a lot of proofs that "people" like Trump or Putin are the REAL dangers for the Earth, Humanity, Mankind and Animals.

And no, I'm not justifying any act of violence even against these "Devils" as Trump or Putin. Because that would bring me down to their level. Don't forget that they themselves have several times called for violence, to kill Democrats, Mexicans, LGBTIQA+ people, etc... So, what happened to him today is a karma return for him. Who sows the wind reaps the whirlwind... ;)

Last edited:
Back