USA Politics

CNN...left...wing?

The problem, Travis, is that nobody agrees on what reality is anymore.
Ya, this county is way too politically divided right now. I'd love to know how other countries who don't have any of the political or racial issues that we have are doing it and what they're doing that's different from us.

Ya, this county is way too politically divided right now. I'd love to know how other countries who don't have any of the political or racial issues that we have are doing it and what they're doing that's different from us.
Every country has issues, man. The difference is that most countries don't have the split in the news where some sources are based in reality (CNN, MSNBC, etc) and some are based in a fantasy land (Fox, Newsmax, OANN).

That's not to say non-right wing media sources are good or perfect or non-biased, but it is to say that they generally agree on a base level of reality.

Even within Fox, there is a great difference between the news reporting, which although being right-leaning and somewhat sensationalist still don't live in Trumpland's alternative fact fantasy - and the opinion programs like Hannity, Tucker Carlson et.al. who have - until recently - accepted all the voter fraud BS as gospel.

It says a lot when Trump & Friends seem to think Fox has let them down, just because they aren't accepting all their conspiracy theories.

Every country has issues, man. The difference is that most countries don't have the split in the news where some sources are based in reality (CNN, MSNBC, etc) and some are based in a fantasy land (Fox, Newsmax, OANN).
Believe it or not, MOST of the U.S, conservative or otherwise, considers the MSM (cnn, msnbc, etc) "left wing biased." Only the crazies go as far as calling it fake news.

Europe's right wing also loves "alternative facts" because it's a great tool for their revisionist cause. But yes you won't get cancer talk shows on national TV. However if you turn on the local stations situation is different.

If there's anyone on here who has bothered to follow any of the lawsuits that Trump & friends have filed and check the details, I'd like to ask:

Are there many who use the statistical non-argument by Shiva Ayyadurai as basis? Namely, plotting two statistical figures against each other and claiming the line should be horizontal - but since the line was sloping instead, this was taken as proof that many votes must have been tampered with? I say non-argument because I took the time to read the claim and watch a video of one guy explaining why the sloping line was exactly what was to be expected. And the math is not complicated.

I'm asking because I'm curious as to whether there are a lot of people who:
  • have heard of this
  • believe it is actually proof of voter fraud
  • take it to the court, believing it is waterproof evidence
Because if that is happening, a lot of people will easily be led to believe that the courts are part of the fraud.

I did see that Ayyadurai was mentioned as a source in the Powell vs Georgia lawsuit, which was swiftly shot down in flames.
I'd never heard of this guy before but I've just had a quick look at his website and, quite frankly, he's a complete fruitcake ... :blink:

It doesn't surprise me that you and other left wing bleeding heart liberals see it that why while far right republicans see it the opposite.

And the conspiracy theorist in me again needs to stop coming in here. :lol:

CNN’s prime time programming did take a hard tack to the left a year or two into the Trump administration, as did their web site. They now do clickbaity titles about people who are supposed to be news anchors reacting to or “taking down” comments from the right. It’s frankly pretty cringey. Like it or not, out of the major U.S. cable news networks on today, MSNBC is about as close as you’re going to get to playing it down the middle, and they very clearly lean to the left.

I’m not surprised that the Trump administration has pissed off journalists in general — I mean, it stands for the exact opposite of everything that journalism stands for, and it has to be infuriating to watch someone constantly call you fake and biased while they tell bold-faced lies about everything large and small. But by taking the bait and getting condescending and pissy in response, these news organizations are playing into Trump’s game and at least partially becoming what he was accusing them of being.

It took Trump four years to tear down the electoral democracy and faith in democracy. Four. The US weakness and withering is pathetic and what moral high ground it once had is gone. This is how liberty dies. We are witnessing the demise of Western democracy. Good job all the millions of lunatics and self serving snakes. What an achievement.

It took Trump four years to tear down the electoral democracy and faith in democracy. Four. The US weakness and withering is pathetic and what moral high ground it once had is gone. This is how liberty dies. We are witnessing the demise of Western democracy. Good job all the millions of lunatics. What an achievement.

It wasn't just Trump. China, Singapore and other eastern totalitarian states have shown you can have prosperity and a strong middle class with an authoritarian government....

Supreme Court rejects Texas' effort to overturn election in fatal blow to Trump legal blitz to stop Biden
Even the SCOTUS is a liberal plant now I guess, despite Trump's 3 appointees.

Even the SCOTUS is a liberal plant now I guess, despite Trump's 3 appointees.
Yep. Can’t wait for the spin on this. The deep state is so deep that even Trump appointees aren’t safe! Clearly they were paid off by Venezuelans led by the zombie corpse of Fidel Castro! And I’m pretty sure I saw Clarence Thomas find a pubic hair on his Coke in Hillary’s pedo pizza parlor once.

You of all people actually thinking that?! I figured you'd be all for Trump being rejected. Unless you're being sarcastic.
I was being completely sarcastic. Trump lost the election fair and square, and he's throwing a tremendous hissy fit about it, and the Republicans encouraged it.

The USA is a joke.

Yep. Can’t wait for the spin on this. The deep state is so deep that even Trump appointees aren’t safe! Clearly they were paid off by Venezuelans led by the zombie corpse of Fidel Castro! And I’m pretty sure I saw Clarence Thomas find a pubic hair on his Coke in Hillary’s pedo pizza parlor once.
Something like that.

Apparently, Alito & Thomas said they think the case should be heard but that they would have voted for Texas (and by extension, Trump) to go fuck itself.

Apparently, Alito & Thomas said they think the case should be heard but that they would have voted for Texas (and by extension, Trump) to go fuck itself.
Here’s the actual order.

The USA is a joke.
Its politics, for the moment at least, yes. But the last four years, and especially today, have shown the wisdom of the U.S. separation of powers — and the U.S. judiciary has consistently held the line where elected politicians have failed.

Trump’s outlier presidency has also made it clear where additional legislation is needed to codify the things that people with ethics and a sense of shame would have never considered doing in the first place, so there’s that. Shoring up the ragged edges of the republic one moron at a time...

Back