USA Politics

"The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same Term, be elected, as follows....."

Seems to strongly imply two people

Hmm. 19th amendment doesn't seem to address that.
How so ("of the persons"?) Not that it matters ... if she (or any other "she") wins, she will (and certainly should) be President

Section 1. The terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.

Section 2. The Congress shall assemble at least once in every year, and such meeting shall begin at noon on the 3d day of January, unless they shall by law appoint a different day.

Section 3. If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President. If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President elect shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.

Section 4. The Congress may by law provide for the case of the death of any of the persons from whom the House of Representatives may choose a President whenever the right of choice shall have devolved upon them, and for the case of the death of any of the persons from whom the Senate may choose a Vice President whenever the right of choice shall have devolved upon them.

Section 5. Sections 1 and 2 shall take effect on the 15th day of October following the ratification of this article.

Section 6. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission.

No, I just got my amendment numbers wrong and edited it. Although the 20th seems to have suggested it's persons now.

No, I just got my amendment numbers wrong and edited it. Although the 20th seems to have suggested it's persons now.

Not sure that really clearly addresses it either .. though again, a moot point .. a woman getting the correct number of electoral votes would most certainly be sworn in
-------------------------------------------
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.
Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

I'm sure there isn't a court in the US that would suggest women don't have the right to be president just because the Constitution as written says he. I say that because Clarence Thomas doesn't rule an entire courtroom.

I'd put both Bernie and Hillary in the sub-5% range ... If I had to pick between these two morons, I guess I would take Bernie, Hillary is just a horrible horrible person

Actually O'Malley was my least agreed with. Hillary shocking came up at 40% ... probably due to gay marriage and abortion

Top ones are Paul, Rubio, Fiorina, Cruz, and Bush

Right-Wing Libertarian

Your political beliefs would be considered strongly Libertarian and moderately Right-Wing on an ideological scale, meaning you tend to support policies that promote free market capitalism and smaller government.

Last edited:
http://www.isidewith.com/elections/2016-presidential-quiz

I'm 97% siding with Bernie, 95% siding with Hillary (which shows how very close they truly are).

My furthest-off candidate is Rick Santorum, with 2%. Honestly, I'm disgusted to be 2% in line with Rick Santorum.
Admittedly I didn't really delve into the Other stances (or extra questions) option that frequently, but this was it said about me...
I side with Hillary Clinton on most 2016 Presidential Election issues
Your political beliefs would be considered strongly Left-Wing on an ideological scale, meaning you tend to support policies that promote social and economic equality.
Clinton (99%);
Sanders (98%);
O'Malley (90%)
Santorum (3%);
Carson (2%)

Going to do the UK one...

My fearless prediction: gun control will end up being Obama's most memorable achievement as President, other than perhaps Abbotabad.

My fearless prediction: gun control will end up being Obama's most memorable achievement as President, other than perhaps Abbotabad.

Not sure he really achieved much, a few executive orders that can be easily undone by either the courts or any future President

Left-Wing: your political beliefs would be considered strongly Left-Wing on an ideological scale, meaning you tend to support policies that promote social and economic equality.

You side extremely towards “Big Government”, meaning you very strongly believe the government should do more to address social inequality, corruption, and assistance for its citizens. This theme is somewhat important to you.

You side moderately towards “Progressive”, meaning you believe we should be a nation that values personal freedom, expression, and diversity. This theme is somewhat important to you.

Where voters side with me: The Netherlands

I side with Bernie Sanders on most 2016 Presidential Election issues.

Candidates you side with...

97%

Bernie Sanders Democratic
on social, immigration, environmental, domestic policy, healthcare, economic, foreign policy, and science issues.

97%

Hillary Clinton Democratic
on domestic policy, social, economic, healthcare, education, environmental, foreign policy, immigration, and science issues.

91%

Martin O'Malley Democratic
on domestic policy, immigration, social, healthcare, education, foreign policy, and science issues.

62%

John Kasich Republican
on environmental, science, and electoral issues.

- - - - - - -
28%
Donald Trump Republican
on economic and electoral issues.

27%
Carly Fiorina Republican
on economic and electoral issues.

27%
Ted Cruz Republican

on healthcare, electoral, and science issues.

23%
Rand Paul Republican
on electoral issues.

15%
Rick Santorum Republican
on electoral issues.

Last edited:
Kasich and Christie are very much the more-sane Republicans. Paul in some ways, but he's such a non-starter that we might as well not even consider him.

Back