USA Politics

Good luck with getting a third party. Best hope is the Tea Party becomes a full-fledged party and the GOP can go back to being a centre-right party instead of a far-right party.

it is stupid they put barriers around the WWII memorial, shutdown or no, people should be able to walk through them. I really question how the government defines essential and non-essential. Like the sequester, I think they are trying to shutter things that get them the most notice and that they had no plan for this.

I think it is just safe to say that federal policy is odd. I did see a news story where prisoners are being paid (incredibly little) for work they do and some guards (who make a ton more) were not getting paid.

How exactly that works and why tons of low level officials (and some high level for that matter) in some other useless departments are essentially and prison guards are not really makes you scratch your head

The prison guard not getting paid does seem odd. I do believe inmates get paid cents per hour for work, its no real wage.

Easy, guards (in FEDERAL Prisons, not private) are government employees. Inmates are not working for the government hence still get paid. That makes sense.

It depends, in some cases they do work for the feds (at least the feds pay them for certain work ... janitor for example). i think the difference is you cannot furlough a prisoner, as much as I am sure they would like that :)

It's not that hard to click a link.
Forum Rules said:
...or posts that contain simply a link with no comment from the user on the subject matter. Posters who violate this rule repeatedly will be subject to the moderation process.

We've had this discussion before. It would be better if you could post something about what is inside the link, along with it.

Feel free to read all of the forum rules here:
http://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/forum-rules.23103/

Seems clear why they have refused to released Obamacare numbers ... 6 people signed up on day 1, 242 on day 2. 7 million dropped from their current insurance ... looks like they need to make up a ton of ground to just break even.

My mom is one of the people who has been forced off of her plan! Thanks NObama!!!

This map shows the number of health insurance cancellations across the country. About 3.7 million people have been forced off their current plans so far.
Ialz3h6.jpg

How many people that didn't qualify for insurance before now do thanks to Obamacare? Way more than that.

Yeah, that'd be nice, except it's not how it's going to work, because what the government is doing...actually, Travis, do you know what Obamacare actually does?

Back