USA Politics

My impression was that he had a stigma against black people and found a hateful website to support it.

I guess I am giving Travis the benefit of the doubt. He comes out with some out there articles, but I do not think he is a hateful person .. but it is the internet .. so who knows, he could be anything from the head of the KKK to spending every waking free moment volunteering in soup kitchens and posting while he waits for water to boil :)

Maybe more misinformed than hateful, but you're right, it's the internet. When I see an article like that posted, I'm going to get that impression.

Yes, I truly promise that you are all correct that I am misinformed. I'm truly not a racist or hateful person, but I'm also not afraid to point out truths and facts about other races.

As far as mainstream news sites go, I don't like those because there are a lot of news stories out there about Obama and the government that the media won't even report on. They won't tell the real truths about the evil and bad sides of Obama and the government and those are the things we really need to be informed on. So, if someone could find me a reliable source that has those types of news items, it would be very much appreciated.

Wait, you only want websites that show the evil side of things? I think that is just as biased.

Travis, what people are trying to tell you is that you are only focusing on the bad things and are not willing to accept any of the good things that happen. I know it may seem like it, but news isn't just bad things-- its all things. Your job is to try to listen and read it all and make an informed decision. You aren't making one if you are only looking at hate sites.

You are not going to find a credible source that says "Obama is evil" I think he is a God awful President and I do not think he is evil. But if you look at mainstream sources and reputable conservative/libertarian sources (like reason, National Review, and the like), you will find tons of stuff about the mess that is ObamaCare, the IRS scandal, the NSA scandal, the BS "most transparent administration in history", the wiretaps of news agencies, the illegal NLRB appointees, crap economic policy, more and more government waste, a march towards more government dependency, etc.

With all that said, there are a few things he has done that I have liked (not worth the bad, but they exist)

I found all that mostly from politico, news.google.com, thehill.com, and realpolitics.com (which features good op-ed writers). I do not need obamaisevil.com

Read the facts and then you can determine what you think of Obama (or anyone else) versus however you came to the conclusion Obama is evil .. which I would be interested to know how that came about.

Based on all of the stuff you list Bearfan, I am convinced that Obama and his government truly wants to destroy this country and run it into the ground. So, I guess I don't need to find any Obama is evil type sites.

I came to my conclusions from anti-Obama Facebook sites who, in my opinion, expose the true evils of Obama and the government. Those, combined with what you have listed Bearfan show truly how horrible and bad Obama and the government really and truly is.

Give me a few examples of what you think makes him evil .. I think most of what I listed are policy arguments.

I think the problem, Travis, is that you're looking for things leaning on conspiracy theories that make Obama out to be someone he's not. You're not going to find stuff like that on mainstream news sites because it's not true, and frankly, it's batshit insane. Even Fox News won't touch some of the stories you've been posting.

These people are politicians, and while many of them are corrupted liars, they aren't super villains. Most people who are against Obama do not think he's evil or that he's part of some larger coverup. Some reasons are that they heavily disagree with his policies, think he is an ill fit leader, or that he is a liar who didn't keep the promises he made when he was campaigning. You can easily find stories to back those things up on mainstream news sites.

Edit: Facebook is one of the worst places to get information from.

As far as mainstream news sites go, I don't like those because there are a lot of news stories out there about Obama and the government that the media won't even report on.

Perhaps it's just that those stories AREN'T out there, but the other sites are just making them up, or at the very least pushing them to exaggeration?

You have mentioned before that you don't trust Obama, but when asked why you said "I have read things about him" ... yet now you freely admit you are only reading sites that report bad things about him.... ? I would not be surprised to find out that these sites that "aren't afraid" are actually reporting ONLY the bad news... You seem to have decided you don't trust him and let it cloud you to any potential good news, only focusing on the bad. As Bearfan has said, you can find it everything needed on the mainstream sites - and I would hazard a guess they are far more objectionable than the other sites.

You essentially don't like sites that disagree with an opinion you have pre-formed.

You know what? I REALLY need to accept the fact that I'm not going to convince anyone on here of the way I feel and vice versa. And because of that, I REALLY need to stop posting here since I personally choose to believe the anti-Obama type stuff and everyone else on here doesn't. We all know how each other feels about all this and I really need to leave it at that.

tumblr_m39d6xKWqU1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

You are not because you do not bring any evidence. If you want to say Obama is a horrible President (which he is) and want to use something he has actually done or some sort of policy disagreement, you should bring stuff like that. But a link to some whack job website (and I will say there are plenty of left-y whack job sites as well) is not going to change anyone's minds ... keep in mind, I cannot stand the guy as President, and you are not convincing me with this stuff.

You can do whatever you want, but you're choosing to believe lies. Your sites have been debunked countless times and even you have acknowledged this on a few occasions. You know it's not true; why do that to yourself?

In other news, Weiner is on the loose again. Looks like he kept sexting after he resigned under the clever name of Carlos Danger. No one would have guessed that when he became the front runner in the NY Mayors race that people would be looking for this. So, he yet again drags his wife up to the podium to apologize.

I really do not care who he is sexting (so long as it is consensual and with an adult), but you have to wonder what this guy is thinking if he cannot stop from sending dick pics long enough for the campaign to end

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/anthony-weiner-apology-94626.html?hp=t1

You know what? I REALLY need to accept the fact that I'm not going to convince anyone on here of the way I feel and vice versa. And because of that, I REALLY need to stop posting here since I personally choose to believe the anti-Obama type stuff and everyone else on here doesn't. We all know how each other feels about all this and I really need to leave it at that.

You asked for reputable news sites, and when given some you said you wouldn't use them because they didn't present the opinion you wanted.... "Point me to the truth, no not THAT truth".

As bearfan said, you won't be convincing me.. especially if the best you have to offer is that there is no more fireworks.

In other news, Weiner is on the loose again. Looks like he kept sexting after he resigned under the clever name of Carlos Danger. No one would have guessed that when he became the front runner in the NY Mayors race that people would be looking for this. So, he yet again drags his wife up to the podium to apologize.

I really do not care who he is sexting (so long as it is consensual and with an adult), but you have to wonder what this guy is thinking if he cannot stop from sending dick pics long enough for the campaign to end

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/anthony-weiner-apology-94626.html?hp=t1
I almost feel bad for the guy. Whatever gets him off isn't likely to affect his political choices, and so long as it doesn't I don't see the need to make a fuss over it.

But how cool would it be to elect Mayor Danger?

I suppose not his political choices, but if you know people are looking for stuff and you do not have enough self control to stay away .. plus god knows what he promised his wife (who is the one I really feel sorry for) and then do it again ... you have to wonder about where his mind is ... well I guess I know where it is, because he keeps sending pics of it :)

Yea, I agree with that. It definitely points to a larger mental issue and the question of him belonging in public office. I guess I'm not too bothered about it even the second time around because his political career has been effectively ruined already.

Back