Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And has anyone heard from Cried lately?
Did someone mention my name?
@CriedWhenBrucieLeft: Where was all this passion last battle when we had Adrian's Wasted Years vs Davey's superior 22AA solo.....?
When you consider all of Davey's solos & try to work out a top ten, it's pretty difficult; even to pick them never mind order them. For me, 22AA doesn't even make my Davey top ten. When you then line that up against H's Wasted Years solo (my H #5), my vote went with Wasted Years. The reason I didn't get all passionate about WY is that while it's in my H top five, it's not my favourite solo in all of Maiden's discography. Breeg is, hence my impassioned case. (I didn't get all passionate about 22AA as it's not really up there with Davey's best work, although it's very good.)

In the run up to this game's inception I worked through a top ten for each guitarist (there was a thread about this), a basic 32 (for this game's format), down to 16, 8, 4, 2, and finally a winner. I've changed my mind about the order of several solos & also revisited some that I overlooked. But basically, my favourite for each guitarist is pretty static, and my favourite(s) from them all has remained pretty unchanged.
Cried is more passionate about the Breeg solo than about lots of other solos in this game. One of his favourites, I guess.
You guess? You know! ;)
He votes for a Smith solo when he likes it more.
I do vote for Smith more than you all probably think.
CriedWhenBreegLost
I will, if it does. It'll be like Brucey leaving all over again...

Stop all the crying. A lot of solos that I really like were eliminated and I'm not here complaining.

Let's just respect the majority of the votes and see which solo will be the winner.

(NOTE: If this game is new for you, and if you would like to participate, please check the opening post of this thread, before you vote)

Result of round 3, 2nd battle: Dave Murray's The Return of Benjamin Breeg solo (108) is eliminated. 044 advances to the 4th round.

Round 3: 3rd battle:

Back