Tournament of Maiden Solos: the Top 10 video!

Which guitar solo is your favourite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Public Enema Nbr 1 - one of the real bright spots of No Prayer For The Dying
Blood Brothers - the pinnacle of Brave New World, heartfelt and one of the iconic passages of modern day Maiden.

And finally there's one of my personal favourites included - "Blood Brothers". (084) :cheers::nana:Would make my top 5 of Maiden-solos easily. That tone!

Daughter is edgy and fun, Enema and Futureal are good but not special, Brothers has great emotion.

All very good solos, but Blood Brothers gets the vote as it's a personal top 10 solo and probably my 2nd favorite overall from Jan. I'd rank Enema 2nd, Futureal 3rd, and BYDTTS 4th from this group.

Blood Brothers is not only one of my favourite songs, it has one of my favourite solos as well. Simple (hell, I can play it myself), but emotional.

It's close between Futureal and Public Enema #1 for the second spot. I went with Futureal because right now, it gives me the greater urge to play air guitar :)

Not a huge fan of BYDTTS, but I must admit the solo is great. Also, Janick's BB solo is as beautiful as it is simple. Both move on for me.

I only voted for Futureal because I couldn't choose between BB and Public Enema. Damn, I learned the Futureal solo about a month ago and I have played the first few seconds of it every time I've picked up the guitar since. The pentatonic start mixed with the harmonic lick and all the fast legato make this a really good solo and I wish it got more appreciation.

Man, tough round. All 4 are great. I have to go with Public Enema (2nd most underrated Maiden song ever in my opinion) and Futureal.

I'm a bit shocked I left Brood Brothers out since it's tied for my favorite song from BNW, but with just the solos, I vote for the others.

Back