Tool

It's like they knew you were going back Col!
Certainly a weird coincidence. Another happened today too. One of my favorite places to eat in Vegas, Chick-Fil-A just got their first location approved for Spokane. That was certainly exciting.

You lived in Vegas and Chic Fil A was a favorite restaurant? :p

I was on a budget for a while. When I first got down there I spent wayyyy too much on food.

Nice... most of the times Rock and Metal Grammys are an utter disaster but this time they found deserving artists.
Tool's 7empest is a superb track and by checking the Rock nominee winner I got to know Gary Clark Jr's This Land: great album (lots of blues and 60's rock, with shrouds of funk, soul. raggae and even punk).

BTW finally bought Fear Innoculum (the Expanded Book Edition) by a barely acceptable price (42€). Still a bit expensive but the 50 plus page artwork book and awesome lenticular 3D cards are really top notch.

This is pretty lame, you know. I get banning people holding their phones up for the whole thing, but what's the harm in short clips?
It's good and it's bad. The show I just saw in Vegas a couple weeks ago was so awesome. It was such a huge positive to not have any phones block my vision during the show. But it would be nice to see some clips of the guest musicians and stuff.

Apr. 16 - Miami, Fla. @ American Airlines Arena
Apr. 17 - Orlando, Fla. @Amway Center
Apr. 19 - Tampa, Fla. @Amalie Arena
Apr. 21 - Charlotte, N.C. @ Spectrum Center
Apr. 22 - Charlottesville, Va. @ John Paul Jones Arena
Apr. 24 - Baltimore, Md. @ Royal Farms Arena
Apr. 25 - Uniondale, N.Y. @ Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Apr. 28 - Montreal, Quebec @ Bell Centre
Apr. 29 - Quebec City, Quebec @ Videotron Centre
May 1 - Wilkes Barre, Pa. @ Mohegan Sun Arena
May 2 - Buffalo, N.Y. @ KeyBank Centre
May 4 - Toledo, Ohio @ Huntington Center
May 5 - Grand Rapids, Mich. @ Van Andel Arena
May 29 - Tacoma, Wash. @ Tacoma Dome
May 31 - Vancouver, British Columbia @ Rogers Arena
June 2 - Edmonton, Alberta @ Rogers Place
June 4 - Winnipeg, Manitoba @ Bell MTS Place
June 6 - Minneapolis, Minn. @ Target Center
June 7 - Sioux Falls, S.D. @ Denny Sanford Premier Center
June 9 - Madison, Wis. @ Kohl Center
June 10 - Moline, Ill. @ TaxSlayer Center
June 12 - Manchester, Tenn. @ Bonnaroo Festival
June 13 - St. Louis, Mo. @ Enterprise Center
June 16 - Wichita, Kan. @ INTRUST Bank Arena
June 17 - Oklahoma City, Okla. @ Chesapeake Energy Center
June 19 - Colorado Springs, Colo. @ Broadmoor World Arena
June 22 - Sacramento, Calif. @ Golden 1 Center
June 23 - San Francisco, Calif. @ Chase Center

It'be been more than a half year since this came out and although I can say it's bad album, I can also really say I'm drawn to listen to it again. Reason for that may be that I'm missing sweet spots* that they songs usually have. Lots of the material seems to drag on and (I'm saying this carefully) some editing would be nice. I don't mind jerking off for jerking off sake, but unless it leads into something unexpected, completely different or even visits the same idea but with new approach - I'm not going to search for that songs specifically and, unfortunately, there's a ton of that on Fear Innoculum.

sweet spot - Since I'm talking about FI, I'll reference Descending from 07:08 to 08:22

I am still digging the album and listen to it often. Invincible might be my favorite song by anyone in over a decade. Still pissed that the tour is being postponed due to covid-19 but gotta keep everyone safe.

Back