Tool

I also love the live tracks. 'Jerk Off' is such a good song! The sound they got from those live recordings is outstanding! The title track is easily the best song though.

For those who care...

What we know about Tool album #5
1. The album has been recorded. All vocal tracks, guitar, bass, and drums are complete.
2. The album is allegedly in the mixing process right now.
3. Per Adam Jones a rerecorded version of the song 'Opiate' will be included. (Newest version of Opiate is in the video below)
4. Adam has also stated there will be a video for Opiate too.
5. There is a rumor that every song is 10+ minutes long. It could potentially be a double album.
6. Tool has updated the visuals on their website a couple days ago.
7. Danny Carey stated the album will be out April this year. (Video below)
8. One track will be called 'Descending'. Tool plays an excerpt of the song at every show now. There is another rumor that another track will be called 'Ascending', but this is unconfirmed.

Danny says it will be out in April
New Opiate (Live)
Descending

Ænima has a lot to take in on a first listen. It's a good bridge between the early and later sounds of Tool, but I think I still like Lateralus more, it pretty much does the same thing but better. Even the weird "in between" tracks are better, they also feel more natural in the flow of the album. I mean, am I missing something with "(-) Ions"? Why did we need four minutes of lightning sounds? But, I do like "Intermission", probably more than the song it was based off of.

Giving it another listen now, might have a bit more to say about the "real" songs later.

Ænima has a lot to take in on a first listen. It's a good bridge between the early and later sounds of Tool, but I think I still like Lateralus more, it pretty much does the same thing but better. Even the weird "in between" tracks are better, they also feel more natural in the flow of the album. I mean, am I missing something with "(-) Ions"? Why did we need four minutes of lightning sounds? But, I do like "Intermission", probably more than the song it was based off of.

Giving it another listen now, might have a bit more to say about the "real" songs later.
I like most of the interlude tracks on that album. The later two are not needed imo. Die Eier Von Satan is awesome though! Ænima my favorite tool album though. The actual album tracks are flawless. There is nothing really I can complain about. Lateralus is a very close second.

Die Eier Von Satan is something about eggs isn't it? Sounds like a Rammstein song, it is pretty funny. :lol:

I'm really loving "Forty Six & 2", "Aenema" and "Hooker With A Penis". The last one is the heaviest I've heard Tool go, with "Ticks and Leeches". Makes me think a lot of "Hush", also makes that song feel less out of place with the rest of Tool's music.

While ‘Forty Six and 2’ and the title track are two
of my absolute favorites, Pushit and Third Eye are two amazing tracks that will blow your mind once they start to click.

New Tool album news:

lucy-football.jpg

Not my favourite, but I suppose you can't really argue with "Lateralus". "Stinkfist" at 15 is a little disappointing.

We’re getting close!

Attachments

• D910D931-F441-4AA7-9B25-BAAA6C07F8E8.jpeg
    D910D931-F441-4AA7-9B25-BAAA6C07F8E8.jpeg
    408.2 KB · Views: 12
I would trust Maynard more than anybody else personally.

Danny and Adam have just been kind of unreliable when it comes to info about the new album. Adam has been known to leak riffs and other info though.

Last edited:
While ‘Forty Six and 2’ and the title track are two
of my absolute favorites, Pushit and Third Eye are two amazing tracks that will blow your mind once they start to click.
Pushit is the ultimate Tool song for me. So very aggressive, yet intensely passive also. Top drawer stuff.

You know that after all of this wait and hype, the album will completely suck. :lol:
If ‘Descending’ gives us any idea of the quality of the album I think we are in for a treat.

I’m just more worried the new 10 minute version of ‘Opiate’ will be part of it and we will get less music because of it.

I’m just more worried the new 10 minute version of ‘Opiate’ will be part of it and we will get less music because of it.
That depends on how long the album is. It could be 70 minutes total so that would give us an hour of music in addition to Opiate.

Back