Timesplitters Future Perfect - Buy It!

Real World

Maindenfans.com Founder
Out on the 22nd ish of March is Timesplitters Future Perfect for PS2 XBox and Gamecube. It rocks. Buy it. I know because I helped program it [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Dont believe me? Notice my date of birth hidden in this screenshot? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[img src=\'http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/062/reviews/919642_20050304_screen002.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

So yeah anyway buy it. If not for the lovelyness of the first person shooter gameplay but for cat racing. Find out more here [a href=\'http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/timesplitters3/preview_6119940.html\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/timespl...ew_6119940.html[/a] about the parts of the game I spent the most time on [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

PC release? It really bugs me that PC's have always been the best platform and yet the releases are released about 6 months later. Look at GTA: SA... We haven't bloody got it yet! I know it takes a while to port and (in some cases) improve, but surely they can release both versions when they are BOTH finished?

Thanks

It won't be released on PC as it can't compete in that market against shooters of the calibre of Half Life 2
GTA was a PS2 exclusive for 6 months because Sony pay Rockstar a heap of money to make it exclusive so SOny get all the best sales from it. On the whole games are developed for other platforms at the same time. The XBox version was almost certainly finished about the same time as the PS2 version theyre just not allowed to release it. Money talks [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

And for those loving the GC, what do we do ?

I'm not even talking about my Mac [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Cheers

Looks good, but I don't have a modern gaming console. All I've got is a PlayStation (original version, not PS2). But I have an in-law who's fanatically devoted to these types of games, so I'll get him to buy it.

RW, what parts of the programming were you involved with? Some graphics obviously, but what else?

Timesplitters 1 & 2 rocked!!! Here goes another satisfied customer [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I have both timesplitters 1 and 2 and will most certainly be buying this next installment.

Currently though i'm playing through Metal Gear Solid 3. Its awesome [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Timesplitters 2 was excellent, and Future Perfect looks to be better than it in every possible way. There are too many games out there that take themselves too seriously in the place of being fun, so Timesplitters is always a breath of fresh air. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-The Saint+Mar 11 2005, 06:26 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Saint @ Mar 11 2005, 06:26 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]And for those loving the GC, what do we do ?
[snapback]99646[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Well rest assured you can still buy Timesplitters though theres no online options on the Gamecube

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Mar 11 2005, 07:31 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Mar 11 2005, 07:31 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Looks good, but I don't have a modern gaming console. All I've got is a PlayStation (original version, not PS2). But I have an in-law who's fanatically devoted to these types of games, so I'll get him to buy it.

RW, what parts of the programming were you involved with? Some graphics obviously, but what else?
[snapback]99657[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Cool [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I did a lot of code that helped with making the game use less memory which people won't actually get to see but the visual side I did all the challenges with the exception of the Timesplitters Classic challenges which I didnt do much with. I also did all of the computers that you interact with such as the one in the screenshot above and I also did almost all the lifts in the game [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Earlier on I also did a lot of work for the artists to make their job easier

[!--QuoteBegin-elhefe+Mar 11 2005, 08:48 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(elhefe @ Mar 11 2005, 08:48 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Timesplitters 1 & 2 rocked!!! Here goes another satisfied customer [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]99661[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Cool hope you enjoy it [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Mar 12 2005, 03:12 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Mar 12 2005, 03:12 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I have both timesplitters 1 and 2 and will most certainly be buying this next installment.

Currently though i'm playing through Metal Gear Solid 3. Its awesome [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]99675[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Not played MGS3 but I promise TS3 is better [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-SearanoX+Mar 12 2005, 03:23 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SearanoX @ Mar 12 2005, 03:23 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Timesplitters 2 was excellent, and Future Perfect looks to be better than it in every possible way.  There are too many games out there that take themselves too seriously in the place of being fun, so Timesplitters is always a breath of fresh air.  [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]99677[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yeah thats always been the idea behind it we all love it but its a shame so many people turn their nose up at it because they can't take it serriously.

In my opinion TS2 was the best and most underated game on the PS2...and by the way its shaping up to be TS3 looks so much better. I especially like the idea that you can meet yourself in the past. well done mate. It looks like you have done a good job!!

Thanks [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I hope you enjoy the cat racing challenge. Its a truely unique experience [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I've been away for the past few days due to MGS3. Completed it. It was amazing. Lets hope your right RW! Its going to be hard for me to enjoy that more than MGS3 though... [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] When is the exact release date? I need another game. Does it have a lengthy single player story mode this time? Good plot?

all the information you need should be available at eagames.com/timesplitters

It has a full narrative in the story mode with cutscenes and buddys who play on your side to help you out. The plot is great [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Should be out on the 22nd in US and Friday after in the UK/Europe depending on the shops stance on Easter Friday

RW, one question, very important. Is there an inclusion of the original spaceways level from the first game. Me and my friend were remenicing today of the fun that level gave us in multiplayer.

oh yeah. same with the hospital level on TS2...virus there. best thing ever!

Reviews are starting to come in. According to them, it's better than the other Timesplitters games, which of course was to be expected. However, it's obvious standards have also gone up, which means the scores are hovering in the low 90's and high 80's, just like Timesplitters 2. If it's an improvement over the second, though, then I'll be quite happy with it.

Now, if only I had some money...

[!--QuoteBegin-The_7th_Son+Mar 18 2005, 05:48 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The_7th_Son @ Mar 18 2005, 05:48 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]RW, one question, very important. Is there an inclusion of the original spaceways level from the first game. Me and my friend were remenicing today of the fun that level gave us in multiplayer.
[snapback]100104[/snapback]​
[/quote]

No its not back thought there is a spaceport level that is VERY cool. Dont know what its like comared to spaceways as Ive not played TS1

[!--QuoteBegin-brother_of_the_7th_son+Mar 21 2005, 06:01 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(brother_of_the_7th_son @ Mar 21 2005, 06:01 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]oh yeah. same with the hospital level on TS2...virus there. best thing ever!
[snapback]100257[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Nope the returning levels are Chinese [again], Mexican Mission and Training Ground

[!--QuoteBegin-SearanoX+Mar 22 2005, 05:26 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SearanoX @ Mar 22 2005, 05:26 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Reviews are starting to come in.  According to them, it's better than the other Timesplitters games, which of course was to be expected.  However, it's obvious standards have also gone up, which means the scores are hovering in the low 90's and high 80's, just like Timesplitters 2.  If it's an improvement over the second, though, then I'll be quite happy with it.

Now, if only I had some money...
[snapback]100308[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yeah the reviews are pretty good apart from the French who hate the game for some reason. Should be out today in the US so if anyone gets it let me know what they think good and bad [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Real World+Mar 22 2005, 02:49 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Real World @ Mar 22 2005, 02:49 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Nope the returning levels are Chinese [again], Mexican Mission and Training Ground
[snapback]100351[/snapback]​
[/quote]Awesome, those ones were my favourites from Timesplitters 2, except for perhaps the Streets level. Do these ones feature visual upgrades over the older versions? What about new rooms, etc.?

I was in a gaming store over the weekend, pointed at the big display for the game, and said "I know a guy who designed that. He's about this tall:
|
|
|

Is yellow, and bobs back and forth.

I think you're one pipe too long there, sorry. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back