Things about Iron Maiden that annoy you

1. On the last two albums, I really feared that Bruce's voice had gone. He sounded so strained all the time, like they really needed to tune down for him. I liked a number of the songs on Final Frontier but I rarely listen to the album as I can't stand the strained singing. Book of Souls was even worse! It was like listening to a cat being throttled at times, but I'm pleased to see that on Senjutsu, Bruce is back on top form. One of the best albums they've ever done.
Well... There was a golf-ball sized tumor in his throat during TBOS...

The years when the only dates they do in the UK are festivals. I understand they're big and prestigious but I have no desire at all to go to a festival. That doesn't mean I don't want to see my favourite band
Specifically Download! :D

I really enjoyed Sonisphere. There were a lot of other bands I wanted to see there, plus the atmosphere was good, and the warm weather was an obvious bonus. Download feels like a generic-alternative-scene-fest and school leavers party, I feel like I'm spending a lot of time, money, and effort trudging through mud waiting to see 2-3 bands.

Specifically Download! :D

I really enjoyed Sonisphere. There were a lot of other bands I wanted to see there, plus the atmosphere was good, and the warm weather was an obvious bonus. Download feels like a generic-alternative-scene-fest and school leavers party, I feel like I'm spending a lot of time, money, and effort trudging through mud waiting to see 2-3 bands.
I've seen Maiden there twice before in 2013 and 2016. Both were amazing shows. I'm going next year as well. There's also at least 10 other bands on that bill I want to see.

Well... There was a golf-ball sized tumor in his throat during TBOS...
Indeed, and I'm pleased it looks like that was what it was. I actually thought the tumor was discovered during Final Frontier so I had hoped TBOS would be better, but it was actually worse. Perhaps it was discovered just after Final Frontier but before TBOS so the treatment was still affecting his voice. I get that, but I wish they'd postponed the album until his voice was fully recovered. As it happens, I'm not that fussed on TBOS anyway, but I really like a lot of the songs of Final Frontier, yet I rarely listen to the album because of Bruce's voice. Most of all, I'm really happy that with Senjutsu he's right back on form. Absolutely fantastic album.

Indeed, and I'm pleased it looks like that was what it was. I actually thought the tumor was discovered during Final Frontier so I had hoped TBOS would be better, but it was actually worse. Perhaps it was discovered just after Final Frontier but before TBOS so the treatment was still affecting his voice. I get that, but I wish they'd postponed the album until his voice was fully recovered. As it happens, I'm not that fussed on TBOS anyway, but I really like a lot of the songs of Final Frontier, yet I rarely listen to the album because of Bruce's voice. Most of all, I'm really happy that with Senjutsu he's right back on form. Absolutely fantastic album.
Bruce started chemo a month or so after finishing TBOS.

It seems that today, it's popular for a lot of legacy artists to be releasing deluxe editions of their back catalogue. Sets that include bespoke remasters, rare live material, demo's, alternative mixes, 5.1 versions etc. Sabbath, Metallica, you name it they're all doing it and making bank.

It annoys me that Maiden don't seem interested in that sort of thing. I'd kill for an anniversary boxset of Powerslave or SSOASS. They must be sitting on a mountain of unreleased material in the vaults. It'd be a license to print money as true fans like us would shell out for that sort if stuff.

Check out what Rush is doing for a glimpse at what a post retirement future for Maiden may look like. Rush is a similar band in that there really isn’t anything in the vault, but they’ve managed to fill anniversary box sets with live rarities and various odds and ends. Maiden could manage something similar.

I believe the consensus on the matter goes the other way. This is a band that once had to release "More Tea Vicar" to fill a single. There's no vault full of unreleased classics.

There is Angel of Death Thin Lizzy cover, wonder what happened to that.
The band hasn't produced a studio bside for 15 years now.

Lazy arrangments of some amazing songs on TBOS and Senjutsu. That's what annoys me with Maiden.

And it's not just Steve. Some parts of EOTC also fall in this category. And the under-use of 3 guitars.

if i say Steve Harris will i get banned ?

I was feeling the same from 1995 onwards. I was annoyed from his compositions, the way he was interfering to others' songwriting, his co-producing with Kevin, his lazy (imo) approach in songwriting /rehearsals, his reluctance of trying new breakthrough ideas /sounds, the fact that there would always be a composition of his in the set-list and other stuff of this nature. In short, I'd like him to be less boss and more equal with the rest and more daring with his art.

I don't feel annoyed anymore. I am very satisfied with what he delivered in Senjutsu and I'm giving the man a break.

It annoys me when Steve writes lyrics with too many syllables that does not fit the melody. One of the best examples in the new Album Senjutsu is "Fierce as wolf with a leopard skin" in The Parchment.

Back