Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 17/06/07)

As always, much appreciated, both of you :)

I don't think I purposefully made the guitars more powerful on this one, but maybe the vocals slightly quieter so you turned it up louder? :D

Possibly. :p

I went back and listened to all your Blaze songs. Good stuff. :ok:

Oh yeah, it is true :) Your singing sounds very good now and combined with your guitar playing, we have got a great piece, right :)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 27/06/07)

There seems to be a small problem with http://www.putfile.com/thingfishy - is this problem with the Putfile site itself or just your page?

Sea of Madness doesn't play and most of the background is not displaying.

I also couldn't play it. After a tenth of a second it went automatically on stop.

The problem is with Putfile.com, it seems. Their Help forum is down, the new tracks upload as 0 bytes and the page background on everyone's pages there are white. I imagine their server has run out of space, or something :)

You can download the new tracks from the ever-reliable http://www.notb.org/thingfish though!  :yey:

This song really touched me!

Such a beauty of a song, and so well done with all the vocals!!

I'm sure, some people who like the original version not that much, will say this is better. I advice them to check out the original again, this cover of yours is a great motivation to do it and try to appreciate it more!

This song always has been the "grower" of SIT for me. When I played SIT for the first time I liked SOM the least, but now it's one of my favourites!

I think I like this song the best from all of your work, Thingfish, I love playing it (it's on repeat now for a while!)!  :ok: 

I've noticed lately how maturing your playing of songs lately, especially Adrian esque songs.

It pretty manifests itself well in your Sea Of Madness cover, sounds like Adrian a bit for me, which is completely awesome.

I love how you did the intro, the tempo is either very very close or is like the original tempo, which is great.

Your singing voice is also growing on me with its unique and calm style. You must be some sort of H reincarnation? :p

Keep up the good work!

The tempo is indeed exactly the same. I think that Thingfish uses a metronome, to keep the right tempo. :)

Many thanks, Donuts  :D It is indeed a great compliment for me when you compare any part of my playing to Adrian!

Most of the songs I have done have been recorded whilst playing along with the original in my headphones (most often with only one headphone in), so the tempo is indeed as close as possible on those. I didn't use any metronomes to learn them, Forostar, and certainly not during recording as they make a noise on each stroke :) The only two I didn't record along with the originals were 'Ides Of March/Wrathchild' and 'Only The Good Die Young' which I did in more laid-back, slower versions.

:yey:

Thanks for the explanation! :)

I didn't mean the learning, but the recording to get the right tempo, thus songlength.
And of course the original is the best "metronome" (without disturbing noise ;) ) around !

Listening to the original whilst playing my version is the easiest in all ways since I learn every small part by ear. I can therefore translate the small subtle nuances into my recordings as quickly as possible. Seems to work quite well :)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 02/07/07)

Hey I missed this update!
I really like it Thingfish! Esp. the long solo part, really well done!  :ok:

(Maiden should have released a double album of TXF, including the B-sides)

Seems like everyone missed this update, Forostar!  :( :S <_<

I've been away in Romania on holiday since the 4th so have only just started work on the next track, which is also a rather complicated one, so it may be a few days til that arrives. Glad you like this one, though!  :D

Thingfish, how do you come about learning this all? Magic?  :p

ohgar_boy said:
Thingfish, how do you come about learning this all? Magic?  :p

Hehe. Well, I started playing guitar 19 years ago, but I learn all the songs by ear, always have done. I'm not sure that kind of thing can be taught, so maybe it is magic after all :)

Back