Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 26/07/07)

Wow! Thingfish, the last time I saw this thread, you only had a couple tracks recorded. I'm absolutely amazed at the quality of your recordings, and I think your singing has improved as well since I first heard you. Amazing work here  :bigsmile:

Many thanks indeed, Liberation!  :bigsmile: I'm glad I've made progress!  :yey:

I understand if you're unable to do this, but is there any chance that you'd be able to take the vocals out of Judgement of Heaven, so that I could use your acoustic playing as a backing track for a coffeehouse performance I'll be doing in September? I really lack any skill on guitar, and my friends are refusing to do Judgement of Heaven (It's the only Maiden song that I'm satisfied with my vocals on). I'd give you credit for the guitar playing, and refer them to your webpage of recordings prior to the performance. I understand if you can't, but if you could, I'd appreciate it.

I'm sorry, Liberation. I now longer have the Cubase audio files for Judgement Of Heaven which I recorded about 10 months ago, I reckon. Because audio recording takes up lots of harddisk space (around 2-3GB per song), I delete them fairly soon after I've posted them and am satisfied I won't make any further changes. You'll need to force your friends to play it!

As for Forostar and MD, I'm already 2/3 of the way through the next track (which will be track number 100), and it's unfortunately not from NPFTD...one from that album will be soon, no doubt, though... :)

Well, I've finally reached the milestone of song number 100 in my acoustic Maiden project and it's a relief to have gotten this far and (hopefully) consistently better since I began back in March 2006. I felt it necessary to go for an absolute classic Maiden song to mark this centenary, but also one that had a bit of gravitas and serious critical acclaim behind it. This was probably the most involved of any of the Maiden tracks I've done so far and included a good bit of researching for war and battle sound effects to flesh out the whole piece, such as cannon fire, explosions and falling shells. I like to think it's come together rather well, and I really hope you will too. Please do listen to it on headphones if you are able, as they are a number of little nuances that only ever seem to come out well on those :)

Without further ado, please enjoy song number 100, the wonderful...

'Paschendale'!!!

http://media.putfile.com/Paschendale---Acoustic-Version

:yey: :yey: :yey:

As always, you can listen to it at http://www.putfile.com/thingfishy but it is already available for download at http://www.notb.org/thingfish

Many thanks to everyone who has encouraged me through this project thus far and I hope you'll continue until I've conquered every Maiden track!

:ok:

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 09/08/07)

Fucking awesome man! I'll tell you, this renderaton really struck me! One of your best (though Judgement of Heven is our best yet. So damn good!) Have a praise!

Ha! Looks like ya saved Paschendale for 100! :p

It has the crunch of the classic ol' Paschy in an acoustic vibe, somehow, the acoustic guitar is perfect for this song!
It's like you're telling the story of Paschendale around a campfire. And the solos are very ballsy sounding in the acoustic tune!
I JUST HAVE TO SAY, IT'S JUST DAMN AWESOME.
I applaud your efforts!

Much appreciated, guys, I like to think it's a culmination of all the improvements I've managed to make in my playing and singing over the course of the project. I'm very glad you like it!  :yey:

Another brilliant piece :D

I've linked a bunch of friends to your downloads lately. Even non-metal fans can enjoy your stuff.

Aww yeah!  :)

"Cruel is the human heart...*

Thanks Libby and Forostar, it's always great to know you enjoyed them!

And Foro, it's "Cruelty has a human heart" :)

I was wondering why it took so long but wow I’m speechless fucking amazing Thingfish I think this is the best maiden cover I have ever herd from anyone. The acoustics work so good  I think I had just as many shivers listing to this as I did when I first herd the original just amazing you have improved so much.  I think if Maiden herd this they  would be just as impressed as any of us are. I think you should try to get some of the songs to Maiden even if you don’t want to make these for  money or fame I think that the members of Maiden would greatly appreciate the effort you put in to these. Fucking great work mate.  :ok:

P.S I have been listing to all your tracks as you have done them I just don’t want to be repeating what every one else says I cant wait for the   Rest of the tracks to be done. I just had to say something this time awesome cover. :yey:

I'm very proud you would think it was that good, Prisoner!  :yey: It's a great compliment that it left you speechless and gave you shivers  :D I can only hope that one day someone close to Maiden lets them hear any of my work, but at the same time I doubt it would be of real interest to them. Who knows? :)

That's a possibility, I mean, Maiden have their own interesting variety of acoustic-y songs.
Journeyman, The Legacy, Prodigal Son, did I miss anything?

Thingfish said:
Thanks Libby and Forostar, it's always great to know you enjoyed them!

And Foro, it's "Cruelty has a human heart" :)

Whoops, dumb mistake, however I think my version fits better (sing it and you'll see!).

Steve created one syllable too much imo.
:)

Hehe, possibily, Foro, but the first two words he wrote fit perfectly into the opening triplet of that line...your version doesn't  :innocent:

:lol:

Thingfish said:
Hehe, possibily, Foro, but the first two words he wrote fit perfectly into the opening triplet of that line...your version doesn't  :innocent:

:lol:

I disagree, one syllable too much (too full).

Hehe, but it starts with the triplet on the off-beat, Foro so it's not too many  :yey:

Words : .......Cruel-ty has a hum-an heart

Beats : 1..................2.......3.........4.........

:bigsmile:

Back