Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 22/05/07)

"Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Thingfish, not to praise him.
The Evil That Men Do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with Thingfish!"

~ William Shakespeare, 'Julius Caesar', Act III, Scene II

:yey: :yey: :yey:

http://www.putfile.com/thingfishy

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 27/05/07)

Incredible! I thought you'd already done this one, but hey, I'm just clueless...great version of a great song, I especially like the acoustic solo from 3:00 (approx) onwards. Great job as always, your interpretations are always a credit to Maiden. H is proud of you. :D

Hah, amazing! Definitely one of the best renditions you have done, Thingfish, no other words are needed :) I usually complain about vocals but no comments this time, very well done!

Blimey, it must have been good if Belenor liked it!  :yey:

I should maybe have done this next track at the very start of this project. It is, after all, the classic pre-show song used to get the crowd fired up before the boys hit the stage, so hopefully it will fire you up to listen to the rest of my tracks!  :D What else could it be, but...

'Doctor, Doctor'!!

:clap:

http://www.putfile.com/thingfishy

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 03/06/07)

Who does the best version here? Maiden, Thingfish or UFO? Personally, I'll stick for the original - and it's on one phenomenal album to boot. :)

I like Thingfish's effort and I'm licking the way the use of the knees as drums has been deployed - once again!

Naturally, UFO's version is best, but do they have knees for drums, I ask you?  :D

Believe it or not,  I haven't had the chance to listen to the original version (before Maiden comes on stage doesn't count  :D),  but your version Thingfish actually gave me goosebumps.  Great work  :ok:

That's great to hear, SS :) I hope some of the others will do the same!

And as you may have noticed,  I finally found the chance to listen to one of your efforts  :D.  Dear me,  I am a very busy man  :innocent: :smartarse:.

Thingfish, I checked your collection of works, and I must say I am very impressed, You handle the acoustic guitar very well. Keep up the good work. And those chipmunk versions will spice things up in my car !  :yey:

I hope you do These Colours Don't Run  :innocent:

Keep up the excellent work!

Much appreciated, MD! I will be doing all the Maiden songs listed on my homepage so TCDR will be done soon enough :) I am gradually running out of Bayley tracks (only about 6 or 7 left), so after that it will be all Brucie :D Though it may not seem like it, there is a kind of system behind the order I'm doing tracks in, and one from AMOLAD is due fairly soon... B)

I love what you've done with this song, Thingfish! I had to chuckle with the knee-drum bit, it really does the job nicely. Best acoustic version of Doctor Doctor out there. ;)

I haven't really commented before on your works Thingfish and I haven't listened to them much either, but recently I gave some of them a listen and  I really like them.  I'm just really behind.  Is there any way I could download all of them as a package instead of going through each and saving them to my computer?  I'd put them on my MP3 player because I could never catch up by listening to them while on my computer.  :)

I'm afraid there is no such package, Invader :( Unless you have some kind of download manager program that you could use to download all files from a specific website, then you will likely need to go through them manually  <_<

Thingfish said:
I'm afraid there is no such package, Invader :( Unless you have some kind of download manager program that you could use to download all files from a specific website, then you will likely need to go through them manually  <_<

Well, you could archive all the files concerned on your computer, and then use megaupload to give them to Invader, or get whoever does the notb.org site to upload that .zip file...

Back