Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new Track Added : 14/05/06)

If you ever feel like it, I'd love to hear an acoustic version of 'Caught Somewhere In Time' :)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new Track Added : 14/05/06)

Those would indeed be a challenge, Perun and Conor. I shall look into it. I am gradually being inundated with requests so will have to prioritise them.

In the meantime...

'The Mercenary' added!!!!  :o :o :o

:wacko: :wacko:

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new Track Added : 16/05/06)

Maverick : I notice the rollover comment pop-up for my logo on your Tributes page says "2005 - Thingfishy's World Of Maiden". I didn't start these tunes til this year, though!  ;)

:oops:

Fixed! :innocent:

Aye sir!  :okok:

Great stuff! Very efficient! :)

What did you think of my version of 'The Mercenary'?

Absolutely brilliant!  :mellow:

This is not my favourite song -- far from it! -- but your rendition is great, mostly the solos!  :ok:

And of course, the "chipmunk" version is hilarious. If you want to perform it live, I suggest some crack, a banjo and a bottle of helium!  ^_^

As with all Janick solos they are pretty much impossible to recreate 100% accurately. Even he can't do it! :) I thought the solos came off pretty well here.

Did you notice the main riff from 'Prowler' which I inserted into this song on the second 'Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide' in each of the pre-choruses?  :ph34r:

Thingfish said:
Did you notice the main riff from 'Prowler' which I inserted into this song on the second 'Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide' in each of the pre-choruses?  :ph34r:

Not at first, but now that you mention it... Crafty bugger!  :applause:

Maverick said:
Not at first, but now that you mention it... Crafty bugger!   :applause:

Hehe. I came up with that when I first learned the song back in 2000 and have always put it in there when playing along with the track. Thought I might as well add it on the recorded version too :)

Good idea anyway. I like when bits of other songs are inserted in a known track.  :ok:

Some really good stuff there, Thingfish! Can't think of much to say beyond what's been said already, but keep up the good work while I try to catch up with it!  -_-

Shadow said:
Some really good stuff there, Thingfish! Can't think of much to say beyond what's been said already, but keep up the good work while I try to catch up with it!  -_-

Thanks, Shadow, glad you're enjoying them :)

Thingfish said:
In the meantime...

'The Mercenary' added!!!!  :o :o :o

:wacko: :wacko:
Another resounding :ok: from me!

Thingfish said:
I read this before I listened to it and - well I may not have picked up on it - but, yeah I like it.

Albie said:
Another resounding :ok: from me!
I read this before I listened to it and - well I may not have picked up on it - but, yeah I like it.

The lick is in the left speaker whilst I put a harmony to it in the right and central speakers at that point in the song :)

Whatever it is, the result is superb. My absolute favourite so far - singing, chorus licks, wicked solos. :mellow:

Brilliant as always, a real pleasure to listen to ^_^

I finally got around to downloading some of the covers, I've only listened to 2 Minutes and 2 AM so far but I am incredibly impressed.  These are great.

Back