Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 05/10/08)

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 11/02/07)

The only other Di'Anno track would be 'Women In Uniform' if I'm not mistaken. I'm looking forward to doing that one! :D

Thingfish said:
The only other Di'Anno track would be 'Women In Uniform' if I'm not mistaken. I'm looking forward to doing that one! :D
Burning Ambition and Invaders? ;)

I have a bit of catching up to do, but I love your version of The Clansman, Thingfish. I think that most of the Blaze era stuff is suited to acoustic guitar, and agree that The X Factor stuff is very much suited to your voice in its dark style. :ok:

Ibanez said:
Invasion, you mean?  :bigsmile:
Off course I do. Invaders/Invasion - easy mistake. :D

Ah yes, forgot about those two. Invasion is going to be tough on acoustic. I hope I am up to it!

Thingfish said:
Ah yes, forgot about those two. Invasion is going to be tough on acoustic. I hope I am up to it!

This was one of the few songs of which I am not 100% sure who played the solos.

70 tracks finished now! It's coming up on one year since I started this project but I've been able to do an average of 1/1/4 tracks per week. I don't know how I've managed it with otherwise being so busy. I must have been...

'Caught Somewhere In Time'!!!!

:yey: :yey: :yey:

http://www.putfile.com/thingfishy

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 21/02/07)

the melodic parts wowed me, I loved your rhythm guitar sound
lead guitar very sweet too

but your voice is too close, Thinkfish, too high in the mix
I would prefere you even to scream expressing yourself with your way
and to have the voice lower....

the conclusion is : you do it very good in instrumental production, but as for your voice parts : has to be someone else that producing them
an idea is to go in a friend's proffesional studio with the melodies already finished, and record /mix the voice under your friend's instructions

what is your thoughts about all that ?

Thanks, no5. I've mentioned before and on the site that these songs are best listened to on headphones rather than through speakers as that is what they are mixed for (I prefer listening to them on headphones to hear the intricacies). It may well be that the voice appears a bit too high in the mix through speakers but it doesn't through the Sennheiser headphones I use. I'll bear that in mind for next time, though, and make myself one headphones mix and lower the voice volume for the one I post.
I've gone back and lowered the voice level on the one I've posted at Putfile.com and reuploaded it. Hope it's somewhat better now!  :innocent:

Caught Somewhere In Time!  :yey:

Excellent! Well done! Nice chorus' and brilliant instrumental section!

:)

So, what is the effect you have put in at around 03:00 (and a few more towards the end)? It's a sort of zzzziiipppppp! Or is it a creaky door opening to an anomaly that allows you to pass to another time and another place - and get caught (yes, I have been watching Primeval).

Good job again with this, but I must say your vocals sound a little different in the chorus - in a good way.

Hehe, it's the same effect that Adrian uses in the original version of the song, i.e. a rake down the bottom three strings with the plectrum, but it naturally doesn't sound the same on an acoustic guitar :)

Glad you both liked it!  :yey:

Thingfish! This is f*cking brilliant. And it's a good thing that you've mixed down the vocals a bit, so then you won't hear stuff like your breaths etc. Nice renderation of a great song.

I'll do the vocals that way from now on for the one I put on the web for you guys, then, Yax. I personally prefer them a little higher but probably because they sound better that way through the headphones. Glad you like it!

The opening riffs for the first couple of minutes are so magical.  I'm glad they trascribe nicely into acoustics, too.  Way to go, Thingfish!  :ok:
Your vocals are done with the right amount of power, too.  The guitar is the best part though.

Re: Thingfish's Acoustic Maiden Covers (new track added : 28/02/07)

This is my fav off of 'The Virutal XI' and you've done a great job.  The melodic acoustics are great.  I wish you put more force in your voice, but the guitars more than make up for it.  :ok:

Back