The Post Your Own Music Thread

A song from an early band of a friend of mine who plays the bass here.
Thought to post it here 'cos there's a little Maiden-worship part in the middle. I was asked to be their vocalist but due to the large distance I didn´t do it.
Forget the silly artwork though...it's made by...hum...well, not one of my best moments. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Thanks for giving them a spin, much appreciated.
I checked it out too, I liked it. Keep it going! The production is cool.

As for myself, I dug around my harddrive and found some unfinished recordings. Haven't been doing any recording the past 4 years or so. Did rough mixes of a few of the songs. Here's one. Basically some sort of country poprock.

Last edited:
I checked it out too, I liked it. Keep it going! The production is cool.

As for myself, I dug around my harddrive and found some unfinished recordings. Haven't been doing any recording the past 4 years or so. Did rough mixes of a few of the songs. Here's one. Basically some sort of country poprock.

The intro reminded me of something but I still haven't found it yet.
Good singer! What instrument are you playing here,@Yax ?

Reactions: Yax
The intro reminded me of something but I still haven't found it yet.
Good singer! What instrument are you playing here,@Yax ?
Guitars, bass and production. To be honest, I'd like to redo the entire recording (Drums, vocals and string instruments) and get it tighter, but, hey, it works.

The singer was good! I can't remember her name, she came over and sang on three tunes and that was it. The song itself was written by a friend of mine - She would write a four chord song on piano and then we'd hang out and work on it. I think we have demos of seven songs, out of which four are pretty much finished (although I will redo all the guitars and bass on one of them at some point, the song currently kind of just drags on). The drummer was good too.

Hey i think this is the right place to post this.
For reasons of practice I offer free online mixing & mastering of your multitrack recordings (rehearsal room recordings, studio recordings, etc.). I am happy to mix your demo, a single song, etc. for you.

I especially like everything in the 70s / 80s rock, metal (heavy, speed, thrash, black, death, doom, etc.) & punk area.

I already have basic experience and knowledge in the field of mixing and would like to deepen my knowledge and gain further important experience in this way. Even if you want to use the recordings I have edited afterwards, my work on them remains free.

If you are interested or have any questions, just write a message.

Looking forward to it!

Hey i think this is the right place to post this.
For reasons of practice I offer free online mixing & mastering of your multitrack recordings (rehearsal room recordings, studio recordings, etc.). I am happy to mix your demo, a single song, etc. for you.

I especially like everything in the 70s / 80s rock, metal (heavy, speed, thrash, black, death, doom, etc.) & punk area.

I already have basic experience and knowledge in the field of mixing and would like to deepen my knowledge and gain further important experience in this way. Even if you want to use the recordings I have edited afterwards, my work on them remains free.

If you are interested or have any questions, just write a message.

Looking forward to it!
Hey man. I liked your idea. Do you have anything that you already worked on for me to check?

As many people are looking forward to learn to play guitar by hearing a great guitarist. Something inside us makes us say “What is that sound? I wanna play that!”. Once you have experienced this, you are already on the way to being a guitarist. If you have never played before, there are so many types of guitars and guitar playing styles to choose from that it can be tough to know where to start.
want to know which style do you like to play?

You don’t need me to tell you that 2020 was a crazy year, but it’s really starting to hit home for me. When the pandemic hit, I lost my job, lost all my gigs through the summer, and my last semester of college got cut short (I still graduated). But on the other hand, I tried to make the most of it and was able to rent a house with a friend and my girlfriend and convert the basement into a recording studio. The result was these two albums, which are hopefully quite different from each other.

The Udder - Tamakeri: this is a very experimental album that combines technical metal with jazz (with some other things thrown in for good measure). It was recorded “live” Iron Maiden style and is made up of material that we had spent the previous year working out on stage.

Animal Soup - Edgewater
This one is a lot more accessible and more songwriting based. It has a prog rock/prog metal tilt but this band has a lot of different influences and we tried to be light on the prog cliches. It’s a lot more produced compared to The Udder’s raw sound and has a lot of soundscape-y stuff. There was also an attempt at making the songs catchier.

They sound interesting! I’ll note them and see if I can get around to listening soon.

Back