The Post Your Own Music Thread

Discussion in 'Musicians Discussion' started by Vortex, Jan 9, 2011.

1. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

2. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

CriedWhenBrucieLeft likes this.
  3. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

After a pretty quiet 2018, I am starting a new musical project with a singer I’ve been collaborating with for the past year and a half. It used to be a full band but half the band moved to California so now it’s just the two of us. This is the first of what will hopefully be a regular stream of material going forward:

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/track/thrill-of-the-game-2

It’s a heavy rock song with maybe a bit more Maiden influence than what I’ve done in the past. I play guitar, bass, and programmed the drums.

Diesel 11, Forostar and Night Prowler like this.
  4. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

A review in Rock Tribune, our first in a printed magazine. Belgium's biggest heavy rock/metal mag, also available in Holland. Naturally we're really happy with this:

(translation)

"Gula hails from Rotterdam and this disc was recorded analog in one day. Why make it difficult if it can be easy? Although, on second thought. The name Gula refers to the goddess of medicine in Mesopotamian mythology and the album is inspired by film and philosophy. The music that Gula brings is therefore anything but easy to consume in one bite. Their psychedelic doom contains a lot of atmospheric passages, which can make it difficult to keep your attention focused. Yet the album manages to suck you into the story from the first song to the last. Especially the combination of the vocal style of the front woman and the synthesizer effects contribute to this."
    [​IMG]

5. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

Needs more review of the drummer.

6. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Recently we played in a friend's living room! This is the song Drive (our album closer).

7. alcapone_dudu

alcapone_dudu Prowler

Hi guys. We've got a new demo out. It's called ''Nocturnal''.

CIRCADIAN RHYTHM
    The Latin words circa diem translate to ‘about a day’. Circadian rhythms are pretty ancient. They are a result of life that evolved on a planet that rotates over a period of 24 hours. Being able to anticipate daily environmental fluctuations is remarkably useful, hence these biological clocks are virtually ubiquitous. Disrupting them causes complications. Circadian rhythms are therefore fascinating on a molecular, medical and evolutionary level.