The Post Your Own Music Thread

After a pretty quiet 2018, I am starting a new musical project with a singer I’ve been collaborating with for the past year and a half. It used to be a full band but half the band moved to California so now it’s just the two of us. This is the first of what will hopefully be a regular stream of material going forward:

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/track/thrill-of-the-game-2

It’s a heavy rock song with maybe a bit more Maiden influence than what I’ve done in the past. I play guitar, bass, and programmed the drums.

A review in Rock Tribune, our first in a printed magazine. Belgium's biggest heavy rock/metal mag, also available in Holland. Naturally we're really happy with this:

(translation)

"Gula hails from Rotterdam and this disc was recorded analog in one day. Why make it difficult if it can be easy? Although, on second thought. The name Gula refers to the goddess of medicine in Mesopotamian mythology and the album is inspired by film and philosophy. The music that Gula brings is therefore anything but easy to consume in one bite. Their psychedelic doom contains a lot of atmospheric passages, which can make it difficult to keep your attention focused. Yet the album manages to suck you into the story from the first song to the last. Especially the combination of the vocal style of the front woman and the synthesizer effects contribute to this."
50140844_1288025171340102_7883689600277807104_n.jpg

Hi guys. We've got a new demo out. It's called ''Nocturnal''.

CIRCADIAN RHYTHM
The Latin words circa diem translate to ‘about a day’. Circadian rhythms are pretty ancient. They are a result of life that evolved on a planet that rotates over a period of 24 hours. Being able to anticipate daily environmental fluctuations is remarkably useful, hence these biological clocks are virtually ubiquitous. Disrupting them causes complications. Circadian rhythms are therefore fascinating on a molecular, medical and evolutionary level.

Delicious got a new demo out. It's called "Queen Of England''.

====================

This song was based on a film called ‘’King Charles III’’. It seemed an interesting subject to write about.

I would like to clarify this is not a political statement. I've lived in England for a period of my life and have nothing to complain about. It’s just a fun song based on a fictional situation.

That's actually really good. Your vocalist sounds strikingly similar to Tarja (ex-Nightwish), but the music itself sounds sleek, modern, quite gripping. Both combined make for a good mixture that I really like. Also, props for coming in with the male vocals in the second verse; it's not something that always succeeds, but it does here. I may have to check some of your other work out.

That's actually really good. Your vocalist sounds strikingly similar to Tarja (ex-Nightwish), but the music itself sounds sleek, modern, quite gripping. Both combined make for a good mixture that I really like. Also, props for coming in with the male vocals in the second verse; it's not something that always succeeds, but it does here. I may have to check some of your other work out.
Thank you, well I hope you would listen to our Iron Maiden cover! :) I was thinking to create a separate topic here but I do not have privileges to do it yet :))

Hello again! :)
Well, I was hoping to post our Iron Maiden cover somewhere else here but do not have privileges :) anyway interesting what do you think about it? yeah it has synth (omg) and female vocal!))

My band was in the studio last week, we started recording a new original song along with a cover of the track, I Think We’re Alone Now. Have put up a video clip from each, a vocal take from, ITWAN, and the drum and bass recording from the original, Can’t Wait For Her Love.

Back