The Post Your Own Music Thread

Was just jamming out with the guitar and started playing a melody so I recorded this little song. Nothing perfect by any means.

https://soundcloud.com/anselmp-vi/luhike-kevadine-pala

For such a short snippet, it sounds great.

That Narcissus song is also amazing.

It's just so beautiful, bright, hopeful and optimistic... See? You even made Nick Cave smile!

Nick+Cave+5a.jpg

For such a short snippet, it sounds great.

That Narcissus song is also amazing.

It's just so beautiful, bright, hopeful and optimistic... See? You even made Nick Cave smile!

Nick+Cave+5a.jpg

Thanks, I'm quite satisfied with Narcissus myself. It needs better drum tracks I have a lot of ideas at the moment but I'm looking for sounds I'm satisfied with before I can record. It's more difficult than it sounds, you think you've found a great lead tone but the next day it sounds like crap.

You're Maturin's brother aye?

Very good. Not sure how perfect you want to have it, I noticed some little things at the end, but I really like your fluid playing. It flows rather easy doesn't it?

Thank you very much!

And yes, I am Maturin's brother. I have just sent the track to him too, hehe.

I believe that my biggest inspirations are Jake E. Lee and Dave Murray.
I think it's great to be able to merge those two different styles of guitar playing. It's hard to explain in English, but let's say that sometimes I pick every note i play with my right hand, but if I want, I can switch to "Dave Murray mode" and do his legato style of playing which means you don't hit the strings with a pick on every note you play, but instead use the strength in your fingers on the left hand. And I think it flows rather well!

Ok, I decided to share some of my music with you, so here is a song from my band called Random Phase. We are pretty generic rock band, but we all get a kick out of playing music together. This is the title track from our first album called City Of Dreams.

I hope you like it.

The basic tracks were recorded live, so you can find a few mistakes in them.

kind of reminds me of old Judas Priest - not a bad thing at all :) digging this buddy

Back