1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Post Your Own Music Thread

Discussion in 'Musicians Discussion' started by Vortex, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Saapanael

Saapanael "My hair sets the trend of tmrw by doing it today"

Yeah, it currently sounds like the main motive in a larger piece.
    It's also the kind of stuff you'd want to play on a powerful amp with a good clean channel. I played it during a jam session and it sounded huge!

2. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

CriedWhenBrucieLeft Ancient Mariner

That was lovely, Saap! :ok:

Saapanael likes this.
  3. Collin

Collin Jambi

4. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

I am! :edmetal:

Collin likes this.
  5. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Excellent stuff!

Collin likes this.
  6. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

I think the rhythm guitars should be higher in the mix, killer tune nevertheless.

Collin likes this.
  7. Collin

Collin Jambi

Thanks everyone!
    It's only a demo, and is not even the full song. In fact the full version is 9 minutes!

My band is still working on some of our songs, and after we start perfecting everything there will certainly by a full length EP

DJMayes likes this.
  8. Saapanael

TheTalisman and MrKnickerbocker like this.
  9. Brigantium

Brigantium Work Geordie for hire Staff Member

Definitely a good buy.

Saapanael likes this.
  10. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

Sounds good, Saap. Just don't overuse it and become a Kirk Hammett!

CriedWhenBrucieLeft likes this.
  11. Saapanael

It's spectacular for complementing certain segments of songs but gets tedious when used too much. I won't become Kirk Hammett.

12. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

Thank god for that! That would a step backwards...

13. TheTalisman

TheTalisman F├ągel

14. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

Very nice work Talisman! I've played it four times in a row. If I may zoom in, the best moment: the note @ 0:30/0:31.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
    TheTalisman likes this.
  15. Srogyy

Srogyy Ancient Mariner

Saapanael likes this.
  16. Forostar

Forostar Conjure the Death Star again

From the cover band at work, at the annual summer party. The song is by a Belgian band very unknown outside Belgium. Our vocalist is from Belgium and he suggested it. :) My father (who filmed it) thought it was nice to add the lyrics.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    TheTalisman likes this.
  17. Srogyy

Srogyy Ancient Mariner

[​IMG]
    My track has been featured on an official 'Music Inspired by The Witcher 3' album... You can listen to it on Spotify, here's the link:
    spoti.fi/29UwC93
    Mine is number 8: 'Escaping the Hunt'. It kind of aged a lot (made in autumn 2015), so it's not my peak anymore, but you can give it a listen if you're interested... ;)

18. CriedWhenBrucieLeft

This is pretty cool, Mosh.

EDIT: Cried Review

Mind Your Matter has so much retro groove going on! I really like this, a lot.

Part Time Imagineer
    reminds a little of some of Buckethead's work with keyboardist Travis Dickerson, except not quite as heavy. Nice.

Under The Light is mellow, mell-O! Is it going to fade out? Yip. Pretty laid back, nice.

Murky Space Race picks up the pace considerably. Pretty dynamic bass line going on here & heavier guitar sound. Lots of nice time changes too. This is pretty Jazz Fusion. nice guitar work towards the end.

Summer Vacation From the Fallout Shelter is again pretty good. Melody being led by the vocal line this time. Crazy/odd sounding slide (?) guitar lead in the middle. Again, Nice.

Off the Page is the most upbeat sounding so far, and the shortest. Bass to the fore here. Pretty dancey actually. Cool track.

Costa del Sol is nearly 13 minutes long; might be epic...

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    Mosh likes this.
  19. Collin

Collin Jambi

@Mosh
    Did you use the SoCal drum set from garage band or is it something else?

20. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I used the logic pro x drum sets. Not sure if those are different from what garage band has but I used the So Cal, Heavy, and Liverpool presets as templates but tweaked the tuning and eq quite a bit on them.

Never heard that Buckethead stuff, will check it out when I get home. And yes, Summer Vacation and Imagineer both use (metal) guitar slides.

Thanks for the review!