Official Star Wars Thread

CfdM9NxUsAAvMnz.jpg

Wearing my SW TFA Tshirt as i travel back home to TX from Denver (after experiencing dream theater play the astonishing last night!)

The images look very cool, but I'm staying away from all that info. We don't know how much of it is meant to be known by fans at this point. However, I've been hearing we will know something about all the characters before the film premieres, so maybe the same stuff is going to be revealed officially at some point.

Star Wars Celebration is going to be huge for Rogue One... I hope that the July 15 panel (about Rogue One) will be streamed online just like the last Celebration. Some people are sure we're going to get a second trailer, but I don't think so... It seems to be too early for that. There were roughly 5-month gaps between TFA trailers.

I'd be surprised if Rogue One follows the same promotional patterns of TFA. I think a second trailer during Celebration is pretty likely, we're probably going to see more trailers overall because they have to sell general audiences on it while also making it clear what this is.

I seem to recall plenty of older interviews where Harrison Ford states that he didn't really enjoy making any of the Star Wars films and was particularly annoyed by the third one. I can perfectly envision him sitting down with the script and going, "They can't make this movie without me! Demand all of the money!"

I am sure that is partially true actually ... getting himself killed to end his appearances probably helped .. I would imagine as well a bit of "I'm old, last shot to do this" and "different director" might have helped too.

John Boyega & Daisy Ridley reacting as they watch the full first official trailer to TFA: (John is a stone face for about the first half but then they both lose it in the end)

Just watched my blu ray of TFA and noticed some symbolism during the scene in the finale with Han Solo and Kylo Ren that I missed the two times I saw the film in the theater; when the sun dies, the son also dies. As Don Knotts said in The Ghost and Mr Chicken "Let me clarify this":

As soon as Starkiller base drains the sun (to fire on the Rebel planet) and the sun dies, the very next scene is Ren killing Solo. At that moment, Solo's son Ben dies (the light side of Ren)

Therefore, when the sun dies, the son also dies.

Recently I rediscovered my old hobby of video editing... I cut a fan teaser trailer for The Empire Strikes Back. I made the music too. Had a lot of fun doing this. Hope you like it. ;)

There's also one for The Force Awakens coming!

Back