The Post Your Own Music Thread

I am a Photoshop master!!!1

It's definitely a grand departure in style, but I really love the arrangement. It's one of the only Maiden songs where I think this kind of overhaul really works. Thanks for listening!

Like what I'm hearing, Foro.
Cheers. Not so fond of my playing in that bashing part (with the loud crash cymbals) but the total sound is pretty good and the guitar guy is going for a fine metal sound. We're working over the digital highway. I sent him a drum track and he did the rest at his home, some 200 km north of me. I played with him in the mid nineties and it's nice to work on songs with him again, even if it's different and apart from each other.

Last edited:
Good luck with your project Foro and I like your songs, Sixes, a real band.
My best song so far in my opinion, really satisfied with most riffs and the solo. I'm also getting better at editing so the sound is nicer and it's better if you listen with headphones.

Great opening. Nice melodic harmonies as well. Some really cool riffs! I only find the piece in between 2:00 and 3:00 (before the heavy riffs come in) a bit long. Wish you had some drums under your music. Perhaps you could create some beats?

It is a bit long, I don't even know why I left it like that, would've been a bit of a pain to edit, I guess.
I've been wanting to create beats but don't know how. Maybe you could recommend a program?

I write drum parts in guitar pro and then make midi's out of them. It's a pretty quick process and a good way to show drummers what I'm going for. Plus guitar pro is a must have program for guitarists anyway if you don't already have it.

Got some time to kill before heading out today, so decided to check out the original music you guys have been posting.

My second creation.

Some really cool stuff here, liking the clean guitar sound and the buildup.

Number 3.

A bit unsatisfied with some parts, but the solo turned out as I wanted so...
Again, really cool buildup. Also some nice harmonies and a pretty rockin' solo.

A neat song here too, but the clean guitar is kinda buried underneath the distorted guitars. Would be nice to have that part come out more!

Work in progress... with my good friend Victor John on guitar and myself on drums:
Wow very well produced, almost sounds like professionals. The only thing I'd suggest changing is the cymbal crashing part, I feel like something groovier would better compliment the guitar part. Very cool though!

Good luck with your project Foro and I like your songs, Sixes, a real band.
My best song so far in my opinion, really satisfied with most riffs and the solo. I'm also getting better at editing so the sound is nicer and it's better if you listen with headphones.
Definitely my favorite so far. Good atmosphere again and some very pretty chords. Keep at it!

I write drum parts in guitar pro and then make midi's out of them. It's a pretty quick process and a good way to show drummers what I'm going for. Plus guitar pro is a must have program for guitarists anyway if you don't already have it.

I got Guitar Pro now but it looks complicated as hell and I only got guitar and keyboard there. So I downloaded a drum-only program called Hydrogen, it seems very decent. Now I'm facing another problem, I can imagine the drum tracks I want in my head but I know very little about drums so I have no clue what kind of sounds I need to put where to get the desired result. I'm determined to learn Hydrogen nevertheless.

Guitar Pro makes drum parts easy. It tells you which drum is assigned to which TAB number and then you just put in the rhythms you want.

I don't really write much, but I'd love to piss about with something like Guitar Pro. Can you just get it (fully) online, Mosh? (i.e. do you need to pay for it anything?)

Back